cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 4.0 on AMD64 Installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install SOLMAN 4.0 with MAXDB on a linux box with the following configuration:

CPU: 2 x AMD 64 @ 2 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

JAVA: IBM Java 2 64bit R7

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.2)

IBM J9SE VM (build 2.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.2 Linux amd64-64 j9xa64142-20061124 (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20061121_1035_LHdSMr

JIT - r7_level20061020_1803)

The problem occurs at the beginning of the installation when the swap size is being checked. An error message is shown saying only that some error has occurred. I can abort the installation or retry but this doesn't help. I'm a newbie in SAP field so I made 25 GB swap partition but the problem still exists. I can't understand the log file too:

ERROR 2007-02-23 19:26:52

FCO-00011 The step runChecks with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|

2|0|runChecks was executed with status ERROR .

Any comment would be of great help.

Thanks

Nedyalko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are still looking for how to resolve this problem, see the link below!

I solved my problem exactly as descibed in this thread.

Thanks guys,

Cheers,

Nedyalko

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arkadiy Ponomarev,

Better read the rules of engaement, before transfering your flow to mail ids... This forum is to help others only, in no way it is going to affect others work on the forum.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raguraman C,

I read the rules of engaement, but I know, that for the decision of problems with installation there can be a necessity to see many logs, and it is more convenient to do it by mail. The decision if it will be found, will be published at this forum.

Best Regards,

Arkadiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nedyalko,

This error from file sapinst.log, please show more logfiles: sapinst_dev.log

Best Regards,

Arkadiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arkadiy,

first of all thanks for your comment. Hier is a small piece of the last part of the spaint_dev.log. I'm installing SAP over the network but it shoudn't be any problem.

Best Regards,

Nedyalko Zhekov

TRACE      [iaxxejsexp.cpp:188]
           EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook()
Prerequisite Checker: Collecting condition packages: Package os_linux::os_linux_s390x_64 match result is PRCCondEvalResult.FALSE. The package has not been se
lected for checking.

Prerequisite Checker performing checks: Condition network::hostname from package network::network evaluated to PRCCondEvalResult.OK. Message: 'The host name
has to be an alphanumerical string of characters [A-Z] and [a-z] and digits [0-9], and the hyphen (or minus) character "-". Although the newer RFCs permit ho
st names beginning with digits, we recommend that host names begin with an alpha character. Maximum host name length is 13. Current host name: s15224430. See
 also SAP Note 611361.'.

Prerequisite Checker performing checks: Condition os_rlimit::rlim_soft_lesseq_hard from package os::os_unix evaluated to PRCCondEvalResult.OK. Message: 'A so
ft resource limit has to be less than or equal to the corresponding hard limit. This is not the case for the following limits: None.'.

Prerequisite Checker performing checks: Condition os_ram::os_ram_unix from package os::os_unix evaluated to PRCCondEvalResult.OK. Message: 'For the selected
services at least 128 MB RAM are required. Current value: 3956 MB. If the current value is much lower than the required value this will significantly slow do
wn the installation or make it even impossible. In this case stop the installation, add more RAM and start it again.'.

TRACE      [iaxxejsbas.hpp:281]
           EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()
JS Callback has thrown std::bad_cast: St8bad_cast

ERROR      2007-02-23 19:26:52
FCO-00011  The step runChecks with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|
2|0|runChecks was executed with status ERROR .

TRACE

<html><head></head><body><p>An error occurred while processing service <b>SAP Solution Manager 4.0 > SAP Systems > MaxDB > Central System > Central System In
stallation</b>. You may now</p><ul> <li>press <I>Retry</I> to repeat the current step.</li> <li>press the <I>View Log</I> button to get more information abou
t the error.</li> <li>stop the task and continue with it later.</li></ul><p>Log files are written to <b>/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ADA/CENTRAL/AS</b>
.</p></body></html>

TRACE      [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1093]
           showDialog()
waiting for an answer from gui

INFO       2007-02-23 19:31:05 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:787]
           showDialog()
An error occured and the user decide to stop.n Current step "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialog
s|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|runChecks".

TRACE      [iaxxgenimp.cpp:66]
           showDialog()
Assertion failure: 1 calls to installer.popMapping() are missing in current step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nedyalko,

I suggest to transfer correspondence to e-mail to not trouble work of other users of a forum.

Please send me full logs (sapinst.log and sapinst_dev.log) and show me output next commands:

#uname -a

#java -version

My e-mail is a.ponomarev@b-retail.com.ua

I will try help you.

Best Regards,

Arkadiy