cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Import for single transport Request.. possible ??

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

wanted to check if this possible to schedule a Import Job to run periodically for Single TR.

I tried to make a scheduled Job for single TR periodic but next run cancelled. I checked Note 398589 - TMS_BCI_START_SERVICE has no selection screens

It mentions in Solution point 4 :

4) Click on the truck icon to schedule an import all job (only import

all jobs may be scheduled as periodic)

Is there any way i can schedule a import job as periodic for import of single TR ?

*** I think I can schedule a CRON job(periodic) in Unix to import a TR but wanted to do from SAP if possible.

Best Regards

ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no standard means to import a single transport request periodically. As you mentioned, cron should be able to do the job. Why do you need to import a single transport periodically?

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks.. its business requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please check the below link whether it works.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c098e4be-baa5-2a10-fc88-aa2c83aa0...

Thanks  and Regards,

Vimal

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this talks about import all.. not my requirement.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I asume that your transport number changes, so you have a variable.

You'll have to create a script or update daily the command so it takes the right transport, once you have that sorted then you can simple schedule it on crontab.

Regards, Juan

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, my transport number do not change.. same transport number needs to be imported daily.

(actually I have 2 TR, one enable some functionality and other disable same and we have to do sometihng for their periodic import).. I will try to do it with crontab now.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the transport number doesn't change then you can easily use a script to run from crontab, I guess you would have to delete from buffer and add to buffer before each re-import, thing that can be done via TP commands on the script too.

Regards, Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Are you trying to import TR's automatically or any particular TR??

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my requirement is to import just one TR SID******* daily..