cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJI3 – Actual cost issue for a project & WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have a project X containing 4 WBS (1,2,3,4) elements and each WBS containing 6 Activities. When I check the CJI3 for entire project the value is ZERO. But, when I check the same CJI3 report for WBS 1, it is showing some negative balance (-1500 INR). Actually this value is against to some activities of the WBS 1 and hence it is showing an some negative balance for the WBS.

Now, my query is –

1.  1. Since there is a balance for WBS1 but, the actual values of ENTIRE project is ZERO, can we close the project? Will system allow to close?

2.  2. How this is possible that a WBS is having some –ve actual balance but the entire actual balance of the project is ZERO?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check whether you have run cji3 with layout having filters, if so pls run the report without any filters.

As per my understanding this can happen , if you transfer cost from WBS1 to  WBS2, more than incurred cost of WBS1. (WBS1---> WBS2).

Thanks & regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Thanks for your response.

There are no filters set for the report and yes, there are lot of costs transfer one to other WBS and also from Networks to WBS, but, how does this would cause for negative balnce of one WBS, while the entire balance on the project is zero.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the line item that shows the negative value and click on Document display or master document. You can also double click the line item to check the details of the posting.

Alternatively, run GR55 select report group 6P01, enter the project and execute. Check against what cost element this posting has taken place.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Can I have any updates on this, please.

Regards,

Sumanth