cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube Size Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO/BW design experts,

How BIG is a 25 million entries Infocube that will be used for several purposes later. I mean in terms of reading/updating/copying/querying performance eventally one year down the line, when we expect 75 million entries in this cube. This is a normal infocube

I am not a technical a person so I will much appreciate some functionally useful suggestions.

The objective is simple..I dont want to see a run time of 1 hour for reading and 3 hours for a data transfer process updating few hundred records. and 5 hours for say copying data en-mass (e.g. 5 year history cum future data) to a new planning area .. assuming all other precautions and settings are "optimal" and based on SAP's best practices...technically and functionally and system is alreay on latest release, latest SP,

We dont have a separate performance optimization consultant in our project at this moment.

Thanks

BORAT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Borat,

Good luck in getting a firm answer.  I have spoken to performance consultants, and the answer is ALWAYS 'It depends....'.  Part of the answer lies in the amount and quality of hardware you have available to throw at the IC's and PAs.  In the end, the only definitive way to know for sure is to create the ICs and perform the performance test.

25 or 75 million of ANYthing is 'a lot'.  The response times won't be 'seconds'.  I don't know if your 'one hour/three hour/5 hour' business requirements would be met.  It depends.

DP and SNP forum may not be the best choice to get the answers you seek. If you don't get adequate answers here, you might want to close this question, and reopen in a more suitable forum, such as. http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/netweaver-bw

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49

I feel VERY HAPPY to hear such straight point blank answers. Because now I know I wont waste further time beliving SAP must have a cure somewhere in their ecosystem. I must say I expected such an answer on this occassion.

Many thanks and full marks

Borat.

Answers (0)