cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 10 NW: Cash Flow Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am now in the process of doing Cash Flow Planning and I seek some help from you.

The requirement is to show the direct- cash flow method with showing Inflow and outflow for all three operating, financing and investment activities.

Could somebody help me understanding and doing the configuration part in BPC 10 for this.

I have done the PL and BS. I have used periodic type of input for this where i use BCF to calculate opening balances for each period and script logic to calculate closing balances of each period. How should I integrate the Cash flow in such scenario.

I have created a separate account hierarchy for cash flow, taking the cash flow items and using them as parents of corresponding GL accounts as per the mapping given by business. I am trying to figure out what should be the account type of parent members in such accounts, for now I am made INC for all Inflow and EXP for all Out flow nodes so that if i directly show parents, it will calculate the difference in the report automatically. Is this the right approach for doing it or I must be using account reclassification business rule (if yes, why).

I am also required to provide feature to input amount for bonds and borrowings, and then calculation of interest will come into the picture. what is the best approach to calculate this in the application.

It will be great help if someone can share any document with real world scenario.

Please guide.

-SM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arunkumar_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swahi,

I agree that preparing a direct cashflow scenario is very tough in any system. I will try to give throughts, hope it helps.

1. The BCF you are using for creating opening balance and is fine.

2. Then I think the Account transformation should be used to move data from respective P&L / Balance sheet accounts into the FLOW members say ADD / REDUCE.

3. The above Opening + ADD - DELETE should be part of a common parent called closing balance so that you do not have to calculate using the Script logic.

4. Coming to the AccountType AST for all the cashflow accounts will be suitable. When you write data to REDUCE you can put a -ve value so that the calculation of closing balance happens.

The entire above process should happen in a sequence for one period at a time.

Hope this helps.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun

I tried the same thing.. but when I keep the account type as AST for cash flow.. the income accounts (INC) becomes negative at the hierarchy node. it may be correct behavior but then question is, what should be the right Account type from functional point of view for such hierarchy nodes.

Secondly, if I can get the total at parent nodes (additions/deletions happening itself while showing the data in report), why do we need to save the data for calculations with script logic/business rule.

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

The + / - sign of the income accounts is impacted by a parameter in the Transformation file

Lucy

sunny_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I m also developing   SAP BPC 10 Cash flow model ,In Account Dimension Rate Property will give you

+/- Sign for all account to the company .

Regards

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

we also have similar requirement , my thoughts why can't we capture all the Ledger balances from ECC for cash flow direct and indirect method as it is from ECC.

Thanks & Regards,

NR

Answers (0)