Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

IN SAP Systems[  SAP R/3 4.7 on Windows + SQL Server]

one of the Jobs is running slow for the last two months.

1.Sundendly [one of he long running jobs] execution time has been extended upto 6times compare three months before.

2.Also observed that all other jobs also running very slow.

The following is the detailed informatiom about the Job.

-> The job executes SAP standard program "SDXXXXX" with variant SXX1 has the problem

-> Subsequent job, (the same program "SDXXXXXX" + variant SXX2) was not slow.

-> There is no dependency on the total number of ransaction records for the job.

->"SDXXXXX" has an exit routine to update addon tables "ZSXXXXX1" and "ZSTBXXXX2".

(Table "ZSXXXX4" is for select)

- All thecustomer master data has been updated daily basis

Please advise how to rectify this performanace related issues.

Note:

There were no pathches applied into SAP Systems for last six months.

Thanks

Thirumalai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you thought of doing a runtime analysis for this.

Please try that.

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/testing-and-troubleshooting/blog/2009/12/11/abap-runtime-analysis-...

You can easily identify where the job is spending the most time during execution.

If the problem is at the DB level then you can check whether there are indexes created for the tables used.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RB and All,

Thank you for your inputs. Let me try to trace using SE30 in my 4.6C systems.

In addition, Found that the JOb [SAP standard program "SDXXXXX" with variant SXX1] is running daily one time at 11PM. 

1) The above Job running slowly on monthly three or four days only randomly in PRD systems. remainting days jobs is doing well.

In this case how to find out the performance analysis ?.

Thanks

Thiru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RB,

If the problem is at the DB level then you can check whether there are indexes created for the tables

How to check the whether there are indexes created for the tables in SQL Server?.

Thanks

Thiru

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Day

If the job is executed everyday and the issue is occurring only three or four times in a day then you need to understand the reason why the job is scheduled to run on a regular basis.

Understand what the job does and what happens in the background and the tables used by the job.

You probably need a application team assistance for that.

Is there a similarity in the long running executions. (Eg: The job runs longer on Sundays.)

If yes try to find out what happens on the system during that time.

Else you need to understand what the job does and then wait for the issue to reoccur.

Also have you done testing this job before running it on the production.

Most of the time (not always) these issues are rectified on the test system when the test environment is refreshed with a copy of production.

I suggest to refresh the test system and then perform extensive testing for this job.

Lastly, regarding the MSSQL indexes. You first need to identify where the problem is. If the problem is at the ABAP side then there is no need to head to the database side for analysis.

My knowledge on MSSQL is very limited. So i suggest you to get a DBA for MSSQL.

Hint: There are plenty of references online for that, so please Google it.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RB,

Thank you for your detailed information and your time.

Dear SQL DB Experts,

How to check the whether index  is created for the tables[ZXXX01] in SQL Server?.

Thanks

Thiru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

Whenever a job is running slow you can always use ST04 for session trace where in you can find SQL query written for the particular job ,Just consult with a SQL expert to check the query.

Thanks,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To me, the problem seems to be most likely on the variant (SXX1). Take a look at the selection criteria employed for this variant.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector, shahnas.

Thank you for your response.

Let me analysis the Varient (SXX1) and will come back to you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the performance of your system,,Users complaining about system slowness??

If not then the issue wil be the with the programme you are running in background,,

Check what is the number of records present in the table,,compare with last 3 months

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1659341