Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

just a query,

in a make to order scnerario with KMAT (Multi Level BOM) or may be in a standard scenario, does the costing (VPRS and Variant Costing) take place during the invoice creation? or the costing is done only at the order level and then trasnferred to the invoice as it is?

I want to understand whether the cost VPRS is recalculated / adjusted against the variant costing at the invoice creation level as well? or it happens only at the order level just once?

Pls let me know.

Thanks,

Siddhant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Lakshmi,

Yes I know that but my question was, whether the same costing calculation process is repeated whiel we create the invoice for the MTO.

Apparently whats happening is, at the order level my variant cost condition (ZVAR) is calculating the cost correctly and VPRS is simply picking up the standard price maintained in the material master for the main item (finished product for the BOM).

But at the time of invoice creation, the VPRS cost is different (it is adjusting accordingly with the ZVAR variant costs at the time of invoice)

Is this a standard behavior? (there is no userexit or enhancement or anything Z)

I want to understand is the MTO costing process repeated at the time of invoice creation and how is the value of VPRS changing at the time of invoice (there is no change in the value for the main material i.e. VPRS in the material master) .

Thanks

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly review the following concerning VPRS determination:

SAP Note 547570 - FAQ: VPRS in pricing

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Khaled. I will go through the same

Siddhant

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VPRS will be used for Make To Stock scenario where Costing would be made for all materials before creating a sale order.  But for Make To Order scenario, since costing would run once the sale order is saved, you can make use of standard condition type EK01

G. Lakshmipathi