cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track User updates in Planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a planning book which is assigned to a number of users. Each user has a specific selection profile assigned to him/her. They are responsible to update a specific keyfigure in the planning book after the forecast run, taking the forecast as reference, within the next 2 days. We want to know which all users have updated the Planning book as per their assigned profiles. Since the number of users are more, Is there any standard process to track User updates? If not, what should be the basis for a custom development to generate a report kind of thing, if possible.

Regards,

Avinas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinas,

SAP CS can deploy the required tracking add-on on top of standard SCM application. Please check the following SAP note for details.

Note 1308968 - Change log for APO DP and APO SNP

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome..

Is this charged additionally by SAP ?.

Wonder why wouldnt SAP provide the such a basic thing in standard menu. I have always lied to the client when asked about this.. May be they were just fussy because I know its of no use to them.. so I was ingenious when desining this

Big price to pay for ignorance of things that are out there. done, tested and dusted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good guess by me but I cant award points to myself

Its NOT free.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh.

The Note is useful, but making client understand about the Money part is going to be hectic.

Still, its good to have the idea of such a functionality.

Regards,

Avinas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you like to free and better option try this. some serious consultant posted this ages ago

see 1. a , page2

http://www.infosys.com/manufacturing/resource-center/Documents/APO-DP-Design.pdf

The consultant talks about using PLANNER ID as a characteristic in selection. This is probably do-able quickly and makes sense but this will not work if user ID's are being shared (also a license violation.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good luck auditing this.. As far as I know SAP does not have a program for audit trail of changes to data in live cache.. May be some application table has latest changes.

Morever user security in planning books is at best a compromise. Clean distinctions if needed for security reasons can come only from having separate planning areas but too many planning area are also a pain to manage