cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using A MySQL Database as A Data Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm having problem creating universe using a MySQL database. I have configured the connection in BO Server, both 32 bit and 64 bit, and both connections are working fine when I tested them. However, when I want to create a universe, it shows "DBD: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified". Can anyone help?

I'm using SAP BO BI Platform 4.0.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ucci,

Have you used ODBC as the middleware? If yes, while creating the connection, in the step where you need to choose the middleware, are you choosing ODBC 3 drivers from the Generic section?

Can you please try by choosing ODBC3 driver from the Generic section and test the behavior?

Thanks,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhumita,

Sorry, I'm a newbie, what do you mean by using ODBC as middleware? I installed ODBC drivers for MySQL for both 32bit and 64bit in the server where BO Server is installed, and I've tested both DSN connections, it worked fine.

I've had installed the drivers too in the developer machine, but the error message was kept showing until I set same DSN connection in developer machine, the it worked. I managed to create and publish a universe to CMS.

However, when report developers tried to access the universe using WebI, the very same error appears again. It looks like DSN has to be set up again in their machines.

Is there anyway I prevent this? Setting ODBC Connection in each client's DSN is not very effective solution.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ucci,

In 4.0 servers are 64 bit and clients are 32 bit. You need to set up 64 bit dsn on the server and 32 bit dsn on the client identically ( case sensitive). Assuming you are using the client tools installed on the server machine then you need to set up 32 bit dsn also on the server machine. To put it in a nutshell, you need to have 32 bit dsn entry on all client machines where you are accessing your reports or universe (through client tools) and a 64 bit dsn entry on the server machine. If you are just refreshing the reports through launchpad, then a dsn entry may not be required on the client machine.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhumita,

Thanks for the tips. If that's the case, then we need to a dsn entry in all the client machines.

Someone told me another solution that we don't have to set dsn entry, which by having SAP Integration Kit. However, I have not yet tried it.

Thanks.

Answers (0)