cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP OM Time constraint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement from the client to set up the time constraint between different OM objects in order to have a stable system. They do not want orphan org objects to be available. This is an enhancement. Some of the examples of the requirement are :

1. O-O  --> TC 1

2. O-S--> TC 2

3. O- K---> TC 2

4. S- O --> TC 1

5. S - P --> TC 3

And so on. We have A002 relationship for all O- O and we have B003 and B012 for O-S. How do i set the relationships? I am using Personnel Management->Organizational Management->Basic Settings->Data Model Enhancement-> Relationship Maintenance -> Maintain Relationships and Define Time Constraint Depending on Target Object Type.

When i try the set the O-1001-A002- O in the second link(Define Time Constraint Depending on Target Object Type) i get an error

"Relevant time constraint for O 1001 A002 is not equal to 3

Message no. 5A287".

I am getting this error for any time constraint i give for this relationship. Can any one please help me on setting the Object relationship in OM.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pls change the time constraints of the relevant object type and relationship to 3 in T777Z

before maintaining Define time constraint depending on  target object type as follows....For O-O and A002, ensure that the time constraint for object type O and Infotype 1001 and subtype A002 to be '3' as in the screen shot....

and then maintain in T77ZR as below

Please award marks if useful....

Regards,

Santoshini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Santoshini.

Finally some light on the issue.Thanks a ton. I was now able to set the relationship to time constraint 1 for O-O -> A002 as per your suggestion. .

I have a series of custom relationships too with respect to O, with relationships A011, AZZT, AZZG. Same issue.

What would be the impact of making changes to the T777Z table? Most of these relationships for which i am getting the error is TC 2 in T777Z table and the need is to have the TC as 2 for these. Is making an entry in T77ZR still required? Could you please elaborate on this?

Have awarded points .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is a mandatory requirement to  set time constraint 3 in T777Z if you want to define time constraint depending on target object type be it any object type including custom object type.

This implies we are setting a broad scope for that object type and relationship with time constraint 3 in T777Z thereby facilitating us to restrict based on target object type in T77ZR.

Regards,

Santoshini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your Patient reply. Things are much clear now. I have one clarification for what you ahve mentioned above. If im changing the TC in T777 for say O- A002 is TC 3, then will it impact all the objects using the relationship A002? I have made a config in T77ZR table with O-O as TC 1.

So if im mainatining A002 as for O-O as 1, how will it impact the root org objects which would not have any further org units?

Really appreciate your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

It will not impact root org unit as it is not B002 which is afffected but A002 (reports to) i.e., a sub org unit cannot report to >1 root org unit when you maintain TC 1 in T77ZR...however, the root org unit can be line supervisor of as many sub org units....

Regards,

Santoshini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton. Cant tell you how helpful this has been. This is probably the finest explanation i have heard. Thanks again. Please do let me know if i can contact you by email. I need some clarifications for another object!.

Sindhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu,

You can reach me on santoshinireddy21@gmail.com

Regards,

Santoshini.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the transaction oovk.

There you can maintain time constraint for the objects.

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This is not helping us. have already looked into the transaction.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please change the Time Constraint in below path

Personnel Management->Organizational Management->Basic Settings->Data Model Enhancement-> Infotype Maintenance -> Maintain subtypes

Regards,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thank you. But i looked into the subtype table and found 2 entries for A002 relationship.

For O it is 2 and for S it is 2 as well. I dont know what to make of this and how this would help. Some more inputs on the issue please?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the error message i understood that.

There might be different table entry with different time constraint.

Please check it and revert me.

Regards,

Sandeep D

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are these 2 tables where we maintain time constraint. It is already maintained. i need help on why were are getting this error and if anyone knows how to maintain the time constraint for Object to Object relationships.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say, how to do relationship for  the objects.

Go to the t-code pp01, enter the object type and id for that object and click on the relationship,

their onwards you can maintain the relationship.

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not referring to the relationship creation. I need to set Time constraint for relationships and Org objects