cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some information on Homogeneous System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

I Have ECC6.0 incl EHP5 installed server.. I want to Do Homogeneous system copy for this.

I have taken the Source System offline backup already.

bit Confused with the Next steps..

can anyone help me with it ?

Regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Please follow the below steps that will the job very easy.

1. Install Oracle in the Target system ( Make sure that the DB Version in the Target system is same as in the source system)

2. Once oracle installation is completed, please restore the DB in the Target system and start the DB.

3. DB should be in a open state.

4. Start the sapinst in the Target system ( Please see the attached Picture 1 ).

5. Just provide the inputs in the sapinst and continue.

6. In one phase, you will be prompted to select either  system copy using migration monitor or backup and restore method. ( please select the SECOND OPTION) .I have highlighted in the picture 2.

7. and continue. SAPINST will take care of the rest of the activities.

Please let us know if the information is not sufficient.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Thanks for the solution yesterday.. it worked out and Brrestore successfully completed..

Today i am doing this Activity... in picture attched in my post.. it shows 2 versions 10x and 11X too..

that means base 10 and patch 11 ??? am not sure about this.. and how can i download IBM JDK  greater than 1.4.2.29 or SAP JVM. ??

Target system configuration is : Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

source system is : Windows 2008 Enterprise. Will this be fine ??

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Your oracle DB release is 11.2.0.3 and 10.1..0 is your oracle client.

Since you are using windows environment as the OS, please install oracle 11.2.0.3 in your target system. SAPINST will take care of oracle client activities.

You can download SAPJVM from ServiceMarket place itself . Go to Service.sap.com/swdc -> click on support packages  & patches  -> A to Z index -> select J -> select sapjvm4.1 -> Comprised Software Component Versions ->SAP JVM 4.1 -> Support Package Patches ->Windows on x64 64bit -> download the file SAPJVM4_26-10009724.SAR.

Once downloaded, uncar it to  a folder like /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/sapjvm_4 .( create a folder before uncarring so that you can copy the uncared files to exe location).

Set java_home to this part /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/sapjvm_4

I Hope it helps.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u clarify me about OS also ??

Source system : Windows 2008 Enterprise

Target system installed : windows 2008 R2 Enterprise ??

Will this be ok ?? can i start the system copy ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a problem.

Please start your system copy.

All the best.

Please keep us updated on the progress.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you vimal,

Will keep Update you.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Small Query.. Changing SID is possible ??

if yes Can you tell me the procedure ??

Regards

Srini

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Option 1) You may install target system with another SID and then restore source system backup.

Option 2) You need to perform DB export of source system and then import it into target system with different SID.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

in which are all the files i need modify SID Name ?

and for system i believe control file need to be generated and some modifications need to be done..  Can u explain me about this ?

Regards

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

During giving inputs in the sapinst screen, provide a different SID which you want to use.

As well as when you create the control file specifiy the DB SID and create it.

Thats it. When you are applying redo logs, rename the naming convention of redo log for example PRD*****.log to QUA*****.log .

There is no major work for changing the SID as you already using backup and restore method.

In short.

1. GIve differnet SID in sapinst screen.

2.Create DB control file with the SID you want to create.

I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

after installed orcle... when trying to open it shows

ERROR:

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

Enter user-name:

I Can't find Listener Service in services.

Do I Need to install Brtools before importing the Database ?? if Not how can i import Database backup to target system ?

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please let me know whether you have installed Oracle and Restore the backup.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

installed oracle.. but haven't restored.. here My Doubt is how can i import Databse backup into target system without Brtools... as u said first import the DB and run SAPINST..

Do i need to Download BRtools manually and run them ?

i have  installed Oracle 11.2.03 .. it shows TNS protocol error.. i Can't find listener running in services.msc ?

Can u help me in this ?

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

and can you provide me link to Download System Copy Document which exactly matches my System Copy.... i want to follow system copy document also

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Yes. First you need to restore the DB manuallly.Create the control file manually and try to restore the DB manually.  currently there wont be any brtools in your system as well as if you download and try to use also, It wont work . Since it requires a license which will be applied only on the last stage of sapinst.

SAPINST will create the listerner files and other configs that are required to connect SAP with ORACLE.

So please do the following.

1.Restore the DB.

2. Open the DB.

3. Start the SAPINST and continue.

If you are not sure about the restore the DB manually, please get a help from any oracle DB there.

You can get the control file from the source system.

Login to source system as sidadm -> run -> cmd -> sqlplus "/as sysdba" -> alter database backup controlfile to trace;

Check the last lines of alert log file, you can see the location of the control file. Open the file and try to create a control file using it.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Please let us know if you require any more information.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/erp-inst - search for ERP = select SAP ERP -> ERP 6.0 -> installation. open the file System Copy for SAP Systems Based on NW 7.0 EHP1 ABAP

THanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just got a glance of the screenshots of my previous backup restore method. Few corrections please.

1. Start the SAPINST screen and select the second optino ( backup and restore method).

2. In one stage it will ask for restore of DB. That time you restore the DB.

3. SAPINST will create the DB before asking you to restore the DB files.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please confirm whether you are able to proceed now without any problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I am trying to do the same thing and have a couple of questions, please keep in mind I am not a Oracle expert at all, in fact I am a beginner:

1. The guide talks about restoring the data on the target and to do that I have a online backup from the previous night. Question is: what all files are required to start the restoration on the target system? I have one base folder starting with <SID> folder.

Within the <SID> folder I have two folder REDOLOGS and SAPBACKUP.

In the REDOLOGS folder I have a number of <SID>ARCH_xxx_xxx.DBF files and within the REDOLOGS folder I have a sub folder <SID> which has .svd files along with .log and .ora files.

In the SAPBACKUP folder I have two sub folders <SID> which has back<SID>.log, bekxcnxg.fnd, init<SID>.ora and init<SID>.sap.  and another sub folder bekxcnxg which has all the .DATAx files.

Will these be enough?

2. Do I need to create the control file on the source system or is it available in the online backup that I have available as mentioned above?

3. Do I use BRRECOVER or BRRESTORE?

Really appreciate your help/input.

Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Day

Are you refreshing an existing test / sandbox system ?

For Back and Restore option.

If you have already taken a full backup of the source system then you need to restore that backup to the target system.

After restore you need to recreate the control files for the target system.

Then you need to recreate the OPS$ users.

If you are creating a new SAP system with the backup of another system THEN you need the installation master.

Cheers

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You may refer below links for guidance on system copy using backup restore option.

For ABAP systems this will be useful link

http://www.saptechies.com/system-copy-guides/

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5019eaab-afdd-2c10-61a1-ac50f784c...

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

just for clarification... Which JAVA version i need to install ??

Which installation master ??? and oracle ?? I can use Netweaver master for setting up the target system ?

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see my picture 1 that makes your clear.

1. You can use IBM JDK  greater than 1.4.2.29 or SAP JVM

2.You can also use NW Installation master for this.

3. Oracle version should be same as of the same source system.

I Hope it is clear.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you have a look into my System --> status and guide me ?

i Want to download System copy guide and follow it. Backup/restore method.