cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parse Failed: Exception: CS, Non Supported Data Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Im writting because I have a problem with the creation of some objects in universe designer. The environment is a Sap BusinessObjects 3.1 SP3. The data base is an oracle 11g and finally the data im having trouble is XML Data Type.

I have some fields/columns named, EXTENSION_XML from which i need to create some objects but when i tried to create them the following error appears:

Parse Failed: Exception: CS, Non Supported Data Type

Does anyone have an idea for a solution or something !? How can i make a parsing for this to become from xml to string or something like that !? can that be inside universe designer or does that have to be done in the data base?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Can you try creating a derived table and check if the syntax is getting parsed?

Thanks,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhumitha,

I thought that was the right answer but then i went back to analyze the data and the problem itself and sadly that cannot be the answer.

The reason is the next, the data contained inside the xml field has several values, for exmple, in some lines a number, then a date, then a string and since them, several fields are required to be created in the universe, so a simple cast is not enough.

Then i thought about derived tables, but i think its not posible because i had to create like substrings, select the correct info and create an alias for that field and continue with the next. there're a lot of fields that i need to create i think that would take a lot of time.

any other suggestions !?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

XML datatype is not directly supported by the universe. There is no straight forward way to create objects based on xml. Derived Table is one option you can look for to help you in this scenario.

Please go through the below document, which might help you solving your problem:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31037

Thanks,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know xml is not supported. I decided to create a materialized view with the informaiton i need and from it i can create objects. I will also create a job which will be updating the view so the information will always be fresh new.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)