cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area Determination

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a customer that has only been created in a single sales area. However, when I enter a sales order for that customer I get the sales area pop-up and two sales areas are suggested. The customer has only had master data maintained for the first sales area in the list.

Does anybody have any idea why a second sales area may have been determined?

The customer is not part of a hierarchy.

I'm stumped!

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the sales org common for the two sales areas that are popping up ? If so please check if configuration is maintained for Common Distribution channel and division. Check this thread

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1544641

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I debugged the program earlier and the problem was in TVART, which is a reference distribution channel.

I didn't realise that config caused two sales areas to be presented in VA01 but it makes sense when you think about it.

Even though I found the problem myself I appreciate your help. As this was the first correct response I'll mark this as the answer.

Thanks,

Stuart

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant table TVTA, not TVART.

greg_ashe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Check your partner functions on the customer master, if you leave these incomplete it can cause strange results which can leave you stumped!!

Regards

G

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Have you by any chance maintained common distribution channel and common division,

in case you or somebody else have done that then there is a possibility that two sales areas are determined during sales order creation.

Please check.

Path:

IMG ---->  Sales and distribution  --->  Master data --->  common distribution channel / common division.

Rgds

Sourabh

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check how much entries you have for this customer in table KNVV. You can do it with tcode SE16.

Regards

Eduardo

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

The customer is only maintained in 1 sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the sales org common for the two sales areas for the customer ? If so check if configuration is  maintained for Common distribution channel and division.Check this thread

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1544641