Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. 26172 error - Edit ONLY

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

I see the below error occurring in CV02n when a User is trying to Checkout (i.e., Right click on file -> Edit) the file on a PC other than from where the Original file is Uploaded. The file Opens just fine in 'Display' mode though (i.e., when the User double clicks on filename).

File \\<Originalfilepath>\filename cannot be created

Message no. 26172

Note:

In SM59, I have checked for 'Activation Type: Start on Front End Work Station' as mentioned in thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1322642 for SAPFTP, also the same radio button is selected for SAPFTPA, SAPHTTP, SAPHTTPA.

In DC20 - the Content server path is stored for PC -> Default. If I remember it right, the same process (File -> Edit) has worked earlier - just fine.

In DC30 - ArchID = * ; Checkbox selected for - Start Authorization, Data check off; Checkbox NOT selected for - Dialog when Overwriting

The Application Path value is given as: %AUTO% (for 1,2,3)

Christoph Hopf has posted some information as per below link - which I think is only the local path created for 'Display' Original.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Local+Copies+of+Originals

The Only workaround I found for this issue is to - remove the Original file path when clicked on 'Change Original File' & replace it with a local drive / path maintained in 'Mount/Drive' in DC20 for PC+Default.

Please suggest what could be the possible reason & any thoughts on the issue.

-Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally the behavior is correct that the "Upload" path is displayed first when you try to edit an original file. This was designed that way to propose an edit path to the user. If this path is not accessible for the editing user the path has to be changed to some other directory where you have read- and write-permissions.

So maybe this explains why this error is raised when editing an original file.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally the behavior is correct that the "Upload" path is displayed first when you try to edit an original file. This was designed that way to propose an edit path to the user. If this path is not accessible for the editing user the path has to be changed to some other directory where you have read- and write-permissions.

So maybe this explains why this error is raised when editing an original file.

Best regards,

Christoph