Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro abap questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help me with the following questions:

I have in my view 2 input fields , lets say : Department , and SubDepartment.

How i can achieve that the subdepartment only can be filled after that the department is filled ?

and also to inform the user if he enters the subdepartment field , and the department is empty

For the department its possible to have 10 values (F4) , and for each department +- 5 subdepartment.

Do you advice to use dropdown components , or input fields with F4 functionality?

3. Is it better to retrieve all combination of departments and subdepartments at the wddoinit method of the view .. or every time the user opens the F4 icon , i have to call abap code to get the subdepartments?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is create two dropdown UI elements.
Bind the property readOnly of your second dropdown to an attribute in the context (type wdy_boolean). Initialize the attribute to X. And create an action for the event onSelect of the first one.

When a value is selected in the first dropdown change the value of the attribute to space. And then fill the table for the second dropdown depending on the value selected in the first one.

You can retrieve all the combinations of departments and subdepartmenets in the wddoinit and store it in an attribute in your assitance class and read the table in the action created for the event onSelect.

Check this document to create the value set for your dropdown;

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32684

Regards,

Answers (0)