Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM IDES upgrade - MAIN_SHDIMP/SUBMOD_SHDIMP/SHADOW_IMPORT_INC were negative

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to upgrade our CRM IDES system, but the upgrade process in software update manager (SUM) has stopped on the phase 5.5 (preprocessing), on step MAIN_SHDIMP/SUBMOD_SHDIMP/SHADOW_IMPORT_INC. On this forum I've found a very similar topic, where was described how to solve this issue. So I've opened main instance (because shadow instance is turned off) went to SE11 transaction -> Table COMC_ATTRIBUTE ->change->Indexes ..->Index name UNI -> change Unique Index to Non-unique index-> save ->activate, and everything was all right, but when pressed F3 (back) and tried to activate whole table, I got an error just like in the attachment, which didn't allow to continue the upgrade process. (Logs in attachement).

I will be gratefull for any help!

Tomasz Sobkowiak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I want to thank you for your help, but I've resigned from the updating process. I've removed my CRM instance, and installed the EHP2 CRM IDES on NW 731, which I've downloaded from SMP.

So, I think that this topic can be closed.

Best regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Incase my solutions were useful in some form to you, request you to close this thread rewarding relevant points.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Since two days I've been trying to fix this issue. I've done everything just like Deepak Kori has described, but it seems to me, that the only issue for now is to activate table COMC_ATTRIBUTE, because in SUM the COMC_ATTRIBUTE table is not visible (attachment SUM_issue.jpg). Unfortunately when I click the activate button in tranzaction se11, the activation error occurs just like in attachments. Is there any chance to activate this table?

Kindly Regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Could you please follow the steps mentioned in the SAP note

Note 601757 - Error upgrading from Release 2.0C, 3.0, 3.1, 3.5 to CRM 4.0

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your help. I managed to activate the COMC_ATTRIBUTE table. I was strange, but when I've compared the old version of this table with the table after modifications, the primary index was wrong - I've changed from SAP_GUID to ATTR_GUID, and then I was able to activate table without any problems. I've also activated the table in se14, and rerun the update process, but unfortunately there is a new issue (attachment).

Best regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Could you share the detailed log of this phase. It says comc_attri table does not exists

Could you check on database level whether this table exists. Also check its existence using se14 transaction code. Perform consistency check if required using tcode se14.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I've attached log files from the present upgrade phase. In se14 there is no object called 'COMC_ATTRI'. Is this a important SAP table?

In attached file SAPK-702BTINBBPCRM (2).txt you have to in first order change extension of file from txt to rar, then unpack the real log file - in this forum is limit of files to 1MB, and also rar files are not allowed, so I had to send you this log in this way.

Best Regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Could you check at database level whether table COMC_ATTRI exists ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've checked directly in the database, and there is no such table as 'COMC_ATTRI', pls find the attached the new jpg file.

Kindly regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Since the table COMC_ATTRI does not exist in the database and nor in SAP dictionary you may skip and continue with the upgrade.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

unfortunately I can't skip this step, there is no 'skip' option to chose, I can chose only 'repeat phase' and there is a checkbox with 'initialize phase to restart it from the beginning'. I've tried to repeat this phase with and without this checkbox, but all the time I get the same error.. Is there any other way to skip this step?

Best regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Could you run the report from the SAP note Note 601757 shared earlier and check the results.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

the result of this report was empty. In this note it is also written that I should delete secound index named UNI, so I've removed it and I repeated this phase, but the result is the same. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is strange, because I've created a table 'COMC_ATTRI' in the main instance (from which the data is importing to shadow instance), but when I run once more the update process, nothing changes, it is still the same error. Maybe there is a way to create a new table in the shadow instance? I am able to start this shadow instance (it is green in sapmmc) but when I try to log on, I get error "Error DBIF_RSQL_TABLE_UNKNOWN occured. P1=ABAP-gen".

Do you know where SUM keeps information about active phase? I would like to change it manually for next step and see what will happen.

Best Regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

I guess the table which you created is currently not in active mode and hence does not exist in the database. You need to create the same and activate it to continue with the upgrade.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upgrade of IDES systems are not supported.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the index COMC_ATTRIBUTE~UNI is the index which is affected. In SE11 , once you save the change after setting the index as non-unique , activate the index (in the menu bar index -->activate)

Then go to se14 , enter the table name , Edit , select indexes , select the index , then adjust and activate . This would recreate the index . Then check the object log.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your help, but I saw this solution on the other topic, and unfortunatelly it doesn't work in me situation. When I try to activate the COMC_ATTIRBUTE~UNI index it works fine, but when I try to activate the COMC_ATTRIBUTE  table an error occurs just like in the attachment from my previous post (activateError.jpg).

Best Regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak