cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Determination in Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing an issue that I need assistance with.  Here is the situation.  I have a sold-to party with multiple ship-to locations.  Each ship-to also requires a secondary partner for a contact address that needs to be maintained at the ship-to and not the sold-to.  In order to utilize this contact address, I am trying to have the partner automatically pull into the outbound delivery based on the ship-to.  So, in essence, you would create a sales order for the sold-to party and you would choose the correct ship-to location.  Then, you would create the outbound delivery to that ship-to and within the partner tab of the header of that document, you would also pull in the contact partner that is assigned to that ship-to. 

I have tried multiple config options within partner determination but when I create the outbound delivery, it does not automatically pull in that partner.  The only way I am able to get it to pull in is if I maintain the contact address partner on the sold-to.  Is there a way to avoid maintaining it at the sold-to and only at the ship-to and automatically pull into the outbound delivery?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Each ship-to also requires a secondary partner for a contact address that needs to be maintained at the ship-to 

For this, you create those secondary partner with some partner functions.  Next, go to VOPA, select "Sales Document Header" and click on Partner procedures.  There double click on that Procedure and maintain SH in "Source" tab against the respective secondary partner function.  Try and update here if you are able to succeed in this.

G. Lakshmipathi

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly consider that you can try to set the sales order partner determination procedure to get contact from ship-to-party master record (alternative source) and check if it will be copied to the delivery document.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I tried to do that but it still would not pull into the delivery document.  I could manually add it to the delivery but it was a manual step.  The only way I was able to get this to automatically pull in is if I made the partner mandatory on the delivery (which we don't want to do) or if I maintained it at the sold-to party.  Thanks for the reply.

-Adam

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly consider adding a copy control data transfer routine (VOFM) to copy determined partners from sales order to the delivery document.

Best regards.