cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Port Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I am new to Afaria and would like some clarification on something that is confusing me.

Once I have installed Afaria and configured the relay server as in the Afaria 7 administration manual and try and enroll my device I am getting an Enrollment Failed message.

In the Afaria Admin console under the Server > Configuration > Communication > Device Communication I am using port 81 for HTTP because I read that Afaria uses port 80.

I have disabled the firewall but I am still getting the Enrollment Failed on the device.

Is there anything else I need to check or other config I need to do on either the Relay Server side or on the Afaria server?

I would also like to know if I am using a Relay Server with Afaria how would I enroll my device if I am not on the office network?

Thank you for your help and your time!

Regards

Jared

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What device are you trying to do this on? (Android, iOS)?

Enrolment requests will need to route to the Afaria Enrolment Server (another component to install as part of the afaria installation).

So it is the Enrolment server's FarmID on the Afaria Server that will be used by the Enrolment code, rather than the HTTP conection to Afaria.

Additionally if this is an iOS device then you will also need to make sure that your Relay Server has https connections enabled and an SLL certificate installed, as when you try to register this device for MDM it must be connecting over an HTTPs channel.

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help Stephen. What I was missing is that I didnt have an RSOE setup for each Afaria service.

I also found out the the Afaria SSP runs inside the network so to enroll through the SSP you need to be on the office network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I have installed the afaria enrollment server and configured the relay server as well using the adminsitrative console.

I have used port 80 for the relay server.

Then set up for the enrollment code was done. We used both tiny url as well as google url services. Then created an enrollment policy and and enrollment code was generated.

But when we used the enrollment code for enrolling, we got an enrollment failed message. How can we check logs on the client.

Where am I going wrong.

Regards,

Annuk

Answers (0)