cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL auth. with MC-IdentityCenter issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've installed SAP IdM 7.2 with MSSQL 2k8 r2 (in mixed-mode auth) running on a Windows 2k8 server not in a domain. Every IdM install steps have been successfully done.

When I try to connect MC-IdentityCenter to the IdM DB, I'm facing an issue:

1st test - MC-IdentityCenter is installed on same IdM Win2k8 server with the DB:

Regardless the connection string I define as ADO connection with "SID_admin", the "User ID" field from "Database" tab keeps the current logged-in user on Win2k8 server (ex. myhost\sidadm). So when I try to import / export data, the connexion failed because the MC-IC tried to connect with current OS user. => impossible to import SAP Provisoning Framework.

2nd test - MC-IdentityCenter is installed on a XP plateform:

When I configure the IDM point to DB, wizard connection test is "OK" with ADO connection. Then, when I click on "next", I'm prompted to log-in with the MC-IC logon form. I put "SID_admin" and the correct password then an error popup comes up with the following message "Login Failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication".

From my point of view, it sounds to be a DB parameter which force ADO connection to use Windows integrated mode. Even if your connection string does not in MC-IC options.

Have you already face this problem ?

Thank for your help,

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might need to check with your DBA / Server Admins on the second issue.  Unless you were the one who set up the servers?

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, just re-read your question.  For the answer to the first question please look at this link:

http://idm-thoughtplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/too-much-in-jar.html

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I've already take into account your advise about driver declaration on ext. class.

This does not resolve my issue of using Native client.

Still working on, I will let you know.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Are you using mixed mode authentication and using the _rt and _admin accounts as needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, database is in mixed mode authentication and I'm using the correct user SID_rt and SID_admin