SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Value type 95 Behavior

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have posted an actual distribution cycle KSV5 from dummy grant, fund , cost center and cost element to a group of statistical IO,real grant , sponsored classes , sponsored program and fund. System is deriving everything correctly as per settings in GMDERIVE and FMDERIVE. Grant and fund derived can be seen in receiver line items and cycle gets posted, it updates Internal order posting but does not affect Grant sponsored objects. I have checked Value type 95 and has set it as relevant for FI update in GM Value type and there is no statistical settings for this value type at Grant type level, Grant level and in Maintain update settings...controlling specific settings , real postings have been set but when the cycle posts GM budget for sponsored classes and program remain unaffected , It is not consumed. Please guide me where can be the issue.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

I do not know whether this will make any difference; but value type 95 should not be relevant to FI update. Also, did you say the IO's are statistical? KSV5 needs real CO objects as receivers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

I do not know whether this will make any difference; but value type 95 should not be relevant to FI update. Also, did you say the IO's are statistical? KSV5 needs real CO objects as receivers.

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Prior to your reply i was using Statistical IOs in combination with a cost element  for distribution and derivation of sponsored objects , while running KSV5 cost was getting posted posted to statistical IO correctly but not Grant budget for the sponsored object was getting consumed. As you said KSV5 takes only real cost object in receiver then why it accepted statistical IOs and posted the distributed cost to them ?

Now as per your thread i have used real Internal orders for deriving sponsored objects in KSV5 posting and got the results , budget started to get consumed but issue is these are real IO which would ultimately need settlement.

Regards

0 Kudos

So, it seems that the receivers can be statistical. But in that case, the real cost must still remain at the senders. That is why there is no budget consumption for the receivers. What is the purpose of this CO distribution? I do not believe that you should post anything in CO just to acommplish a purpose in FM/GM only.

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Yes you are right , in case of RKIV from real to statistical cost objects , cost remains with real cost center, although it passes debits to IO but at the same time it credits it too hence the total cost remains the same, well the purpose of this actual allocations is to distribute Indirect cost on Sponsored objects specifically for every sponsored project within Grant management. We have created an order type in which there 6 Statistical IO (which will now be created as real IO), we initially post all indirect cost for particular project on dummy fund and dummy grant, later on at the the time of allocation , sponsored classes,grant,fund are derived in combination these IOs & Grant for every project , hence consuming the Indirect cost budget. It is sponsor guideline to separately show budget of indirect activities and their consumed amount , hence we do so by using allocations in GM-GTE.

We also have two other dimensions to do so but they are under testing.

One is FI-SL Allocations using GA31 & GA35 after doing necessary settings in GCA6 in which we can directly allocate costs on sponsored classes hence no need to create IOs for derivations , but in it i am facing some issues in it mentioned in thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3292433

2nd option is Overhead costs allocations in GM-GTE.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi

Interested to know which option you choose in the end? SL allocation or GM overhead allocation.

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Hi Ellen:

GM OH allocation is not suitable in our case because sponsor here explicitly defines classes for indirect cost for which budget is posted, hence we post budget on these dimensions but for consumption purpose we will use CO Allocation process. FI-SL process is still being tested.I will update forum in case i get some clue. Thanks

Regards