cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT button not available for a particular MA type for a collaborator group ,urgent!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue in our production system where the EDIT button is not available/visible for the users of legal admin group which is added as collaborator to the MA of a particular type.EDIT button is visible for the other MA type for the same Group added as the collaborator to the MA.

Same Configurations are working fine in the development and quality system.

I have checked the toolbar customization and security profile there is no issue in that.

Please give your opinion/advice to resolve this Issue.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I observed following points on our system:-

1) The contracts for which the Edit button is not appearing are some 1 year old but the expiration date or termination date is after the 2 years from now.

The edit button is appearing for the contracts which are created recently.

This issue is also in the development system other than the production system.Is this the standard  functionality of the CLM system??

2) All the toolbar customization and security profiles are configured correctly.

Please advice something on this.

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

It might be worth taking a little time to look at it together.  If we find something, we can post it here.  If not, the next step might be to enter a ticket.  Please let me know if  you are interested in looking at it together.  I can spend a little time on it with you today.

Thanks much,

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be a great help Rosemary, if we can work together to resolve this.

Please reply back.

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, let's look at it together.  Please let me know what time zone you are in. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rosemary!!

I'm working in IST (india) time and don't have the system access at this moment.

It will be helpful if you can mail me at ankur_goyal03@infosys.com and we can start our discussion tomorrow at 9:30 a.m IST.

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for meeting with me to review the issue.  Based on our discussion, it seems that the script was locking the document for the particular user group and that's why the Edit button wasn't displaying for those users.  By commenting out that part of the script, you were able to resolve this and the users in this groiup now are able to Edit as expected.

Thanks so much,

Rosemary 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Rosemary!!

Yes, the issue is resolved as mentioned by you.

Thanks again.

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

You might check a couple of other things (just to be sure):

- that the Collaborator Group is added as a Collaborator and not as a Reviewer

- that there are no Conditional Page Customizations that make it "read-only"

Thanks,

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rosemary!!

I don't find that we can hide the edit button using the page customization.Will check for the group added as collaborator or reviewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May be this note could be some - what helpful to you.

SAP Note: 1143936 .

Please do cross check the toolbar customization once.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Sushant!!

The SAP note 1143936 talks about toolbar customization and in my case the button is not visible for the particular type of MA, so this can't be the solution.

Please advice .