cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management Storage Category Document Type Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i am an ABAPer and have to work on the document management system. I have studied and understood most of the configurations of the DMS system . The only thing which i have failed to understand is how to link a storage category to a document type . If anyone of you guys have more info on Storage Categories and Data Carriers please share.

any help would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Devrath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Devrath,

to control the storage of specific files formats to a default storage category you can define profiles in the customizing at

Cross-Application Components
>> Document Management
   >> General Data
      >> Define Profile

Here you can create a profile and under 'Determine definitions for applications' you can add the workstation application and set a default storage category. Please note that you have to add each
workstation application as single entries and maintain the default storage category. As soon as this new profile is assigned to an user and this user tries to checkin a file the default storage category  should be used.

For using default storage categories for specific document types I can only recommend you to use BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 with method BEFORE_LIST_STORAGECAT. Here a suitable

check should be implementable.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. one more query.

You mean to say that there is no link between the Storage Category and Document Type.

And i am checking in Define Profiles in my system there are no values there.

Can you help me out here with the storage category part.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devrath,

Check the KPRO - check box in the document type settings under SPRO > Cross application components >Document Management > Control data>Define document Types, Select your relevant document type details.

With standard SAP settings, document Type hasn't got the exact storage category linkage. However, a set of defined Storage categories of same document areas will get populated while trying to check-in the original file.

If requirement further persists to automate the Document Type storage to a specfic storage category, pls. use BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 with suitable conditions.

regards,

Siva

Answers (0)