Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item financial information YTD

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue in the item Year-To-Date information, as you know there are several standard fields in the item that shows YTD information :

Forecast Cost (YTD)

Budget Anual

Planned Costs (YTD)

Actua Costs (YTD)

Projects created during 2012 with for example Forecast Costs : 2000 and Forecast Cost (YTD) : 1800, when the year has changed to 2013 they haven't changed the Forecast Costs YTD --> It is needed edit something in the item master data/financial information  in order to the system 'adjust the YTD information'.

I am not sure if someone else has had this issue and if he can give me any idea how to fix this in a massive way or if it is not an issue and I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sara,

Can you check what settings you done at portfolio type level for financial year variant. if its calendar year and same as your ECC system, it should change YTD planned and actual cost as you enter in new year.

Pramod

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your answer, now I undesrtand better my issue, it is possible you can help me with this example that I think explains bettermy problem :

Financial View 01- Budget                    Amount type = Budget              Item Process : Manual

Financial View 02 - Actual Costs          Amount Type= Actual Costs     Item Process : Integration

I have both financial Views synchronized with financial figures in the item ( Budget , Budget YTD and  Actual Costs, Actual Costs YTD)--> used to be displayed in the dashboard

In the case of Financial View 02 ( Actual Costs) the financial values are updated all nights when values are transferred from ECC then the figures in the item are edited --> then they are corrected in the dashboard ( Total and Year)

In the case of Financial View 01 ( Budget) , they are entered manually in the system ( and they are not transferred from ECC) then during the night they are not updated and also they are not updated in the dashboard --> This was never a problem... but now we have seen that when year has changed the YTD values are not correct  there is not way to update them ( massive)

Then I have 2 questions :

1) Is it standard the synchronization between Financial Views (Item process Manually   & Amount type not empty) with the item information in the dashboard ( Total and YTD)?

2) If it is standard, how should be modified YTD values when Year changes?

Thanks a lot!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

You get total and YTD values for Planned. actual and forecast cost in financial planning view… I believe the same you are calling in dashboard.

For the view amount type planned cost is assigned.. planning cost total and YTD will be updated in sync with that view

For the view, amount type actual cost is assigned.. actual cost total and YTD will be updated in sync with that view.

For the view, amount type budget is assigned.. will help you to transfer budget to ECC as budget.

The forecast cost total and YTD are manual fields and these fields for are rough estimate in total and YTD. I believe these fields are not in sync with any view or periods of financial planning.

I feel the above information will help you to some extent.. May be you need to do some work around to bring Budget total and YTD values to dashboard and I am sure its not possible with financial planning view fields.

Pramod

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

You say:

For the view amount type planned cost is assigned.. planning cost total and YTD will be updated in sync with that view

Imagine that this view is manual, when it was entered in the view was in 2012, then YTD was calculated for 2012, how is the value YTD updated when stars 2013 without change planned costs?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

No doubt, when 2013 starts Planned cost YTD has to show sum of total mentioned for 2013 periods. You may need to check the planned value maintained for periods of FY 2013 and Portfolio item type level financial variant setting.

Pramod

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked that executing report /RPM/SET_ITEM_ICONS the values stored in /RPM/ITEM_D_DER are regenerated, then this would solve my standard problem because YTD values are recalulated.

The problem is I have some custom fiellds ( calculated fields) that we included in table /RPM/ITEM_ D instead of /RPM/ITEM_D_DER.

Does anybody know if there is any standar report to regenerate values stored in /RPM/ITEM_D?

Thanks  alot for your help!!

Answers (0)