cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project and package copy option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I wonder if it's possible to copy a project or package to avoid doing the same decisions, selections and options every time we want to create another system copy.

Very similar to a template or module. It doesn't make sense to avoid to run the activities like reduction rules every time we want to do another copy, within a certain landscape type our landscape.

Btw there's a way to define our own activities within a template, i.e. information tasks and manual activities detail besides the ones we have within the package, instead of having another document to follow? Or even run OS commands or scripts in the sender or receiver system?

Cheers

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

The copy package functionality from WebUI will be available with TDMS 4.0 next SP.

Best Regards

Malthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the COPY PACKAGE or REFRESH PACKAGE functionality which will allow you to use the same settings as the original package.

You just need to execute few steps to proceed with execution.

This functionality is available with few TDMS applications like Time based reduction (TDTIM).

So, you need to check for which application you want to use.

This feature is available with future support package of TDMS 4.0.

You can refer to the TDMS operations guide (would be updated soon) to get more details on this feature.

For TDMS 3.0, this feature is already available for applications like TDTIM.

For more details, refer to the link:

http://service.sap.com/tdms

Regards,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupam,

I notice that you can do it using transaction CNV_MBT_TDMS,but when you copy a package you are unable to see it in TDMS browser or TDMS 4.0. To process it you must use TDMS 3.0 transactions. Probably SAP changed the concept and we must create a new project each time we need to run a new system copy, it simply doesn't fit for a regular basis activity.

I'll try to manage this issue documenting the process and probably creating some scripts.

Cheers,