cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get text editor in output but defined in layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed a leave application in which i am providing text editor(5 Line) for leave reason.

When i run the application from portal text editor is not getting displayed but when go & preview the Iview i can see that text editor.

Also I have copied the same application for attendance in that also i can see text editor.

I can not understand what is the problem because 2-3 days before it was showing correctly now suddenly facing these problem.

Guys please suggest me it is a urgent as it is on Production.

Thanks In Advance

Paresh G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

maybe you have accidentely hidden the UIElement within the limits of "personalization".

Did you check that?

Right-click anywhere and check for (User Settings -> Invisible Elements):

At invisible elements you can restore hidden elements.

BR,

ismail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

Is this setting is user specific if yes then most of the user is facing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

Thanks dude you are right, solved my problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Paresh G.

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

you can disable user personalization by setting parameter WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION to X. It is of type WDY_BOOLEAN and is set within the parameterlist of your webdynpro application.

It should disable the hiding of UIElements, but I myself didn't try it yet. If it does, please tell me.

Thanks

ismail

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Why dont you do a quick delete of existing text edit view and create a new one.

Update the binding once again .

Or you can create another text view for test purpose and check if that is visible or not.

Cannot find out another better way to repliacte the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Have u checked the properties of visibility? Also scroll left and right in screen and see whether it is present in some other corner..Also, which browser r u using? try changing the browser..because if it was working for 2-3 days then now also it must work..

Regards

Shahir Mirza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahir,

Visibility for the editor is set to Visilble,

I have Scroll in both direction also i have opened the same in new window but i can't find editor.

I have checked on Firefox & IE from different different machines .

I am getting the same in another application which is the copy of Leave Apllication.

Ragards,

Paresh G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

I think this is the problem in the portal and not in your webdynpro application because there is no possibility of the text editor not getting displayed if it is already working in another copied application. check the portal configuration..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahir,

Can to tell me what should i check in portal because i don't have any idea about portal(i have Administrators log in details).

Sorry for troubling you, as it is in production every body on client side is shouting.

Thanks & Regards,

Paresh G.

sreenu_b2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Check the roles & user mapping .

Also cross check the same with the application for attendance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu b,

I have checked both are almost same also when i check preview of an iview it showing correctly but when i login by user id I can't see text editor(Reason For leave) for the same application.

Screen shot for both the cases is as below.

Thanks & Regrads,

Paresh G

Not Active Contributor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Was the text editor field added later on in the application? If this is the case, Portal might be taking some time to reflect the changed application.

Thanks,

Pris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prisford Pereira,

It was already there & was working fine but 2-3 days before suddenly started disappearing.

Also in quality server it is working fine.

Thanks & Regards,

Paresh G.

sreenu_b2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

what i noticed from the screen shot is , there is no leave available its zero.

So may be the reason the TExtedit is invisible as user cannot enter any reason for leave when he cannot opt for leave.

would you test the same by making some leave available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First screen shot is the preview of an Iview which i have taken by Administrator login,

and the 2nd is the actual one that's why in first screen shot leave available is zero.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

U can refer some portal realted person...may be some java related person for portal related issues..i have not worked with portal thing...else u can put a new text editoe and do the binding..