cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create setup package failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to create a setup package in NetWeaver Mobile Administrator. I created a device configuration with the framework and one with DB2E and XMAM application.

I assigned this to a hierarchy and added the technical user mi_service.

When I create a package it stops and in the log viewer I see :

0050 tc.mobile.admin.bl 172815 20070223 Retrieving device id failed.

In the step before (which is OK) I see:

0070 tc.mobile.admin.bl 172812 20070223 Set the communication server port to 45001

Which port is this? Don't know this one...

Anyone else got this problem?

Kind regards,

jeroen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there no other way to solve this? I understand that for a UNIX box you need a separate J2EE but for windows what's the main problem to generate a package on x64?

The strategy of SAP is to go for 64-bit environments.... But on the otherhand additional instances must be set up. This needs extra hardware, extra resources and extra maintenance.... And after all the the platform doesn't change...

I always thought that dll's for 32-bit could run on 64-bit machines but not the other way.

No little tricks available? Can the 'problem' dll's not be converted to 64 bit? Or is it not as simple as that?

Kind regards,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

actually SAP just supports the creation of setup packages using WIN32 platforms. What I found in the net is the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896456/en --> Running 32 bit Programs

So may using that one you could manage to create SPC on a 64 bit windows platform. I guess you then have to use a 32 bit JVM for SPC (not the J2EE!), as the db is just a couple of dlls which then run in the workspace of the javaprocess (say if you have a 64 bit JVM the dlls are run in 64 bit env, and may not in 32 bit). You specify the JVM following this guideline (04s): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/122f4ef2dc2be8e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

As the dlls are provided by IBM they would be the one porting them to 64 bit, but due to testing efforts and the target platform to be pdas or at max laptops I do not believe they will do that.

Keep us posted whats your outcome!

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I installed a 32-bit JSDK 1.4.12_12 on the 64-bit server running Windows Server 2003 and linked this 32-bit JSDK to the SPC in Visual Admin.

I got a little problem with 3 dlls CryptoPlugin.dll, DB2e.dll and DB2EJDBC.dll in the Client\Databases directory. SPC tried to copy this to c:\windows but go an ACCESS_DENIED error so I copied them manually and afterwards everything works!

So SPC is possible on Win 64 bit machines! May I ask you to update the requirements/limitations for SPC?

Kind regards,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the update. The MI server is running on MS Windows 2003 Server x64. Could the problem be that 64-bit is not supported?

Kind regards,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Your assumption is correct! The DB2E Dlls you will use as data storage do not work in a 64 bit environment (they are 32 bit dlls).

If you want to use SPC anyway you have to setup an additional WIN32 J2EE instance. YOu can follow the steps outlined in the corr. HowTo Guide (there is one for 04 and one for 04s).

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

when you do setup package creation leveraging the NWMA you have to use a platform based on WIN32. Say your J2EE needs to run on a Windows 32 Box. If you run your J2EE on a different platform you can setup an additional J2EE for SPC. Refer to the how to guides section for doing so (e.g. for NW04 see https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80046076-a387-2910-4ba2-c009be46....

What SPC does is simulating a typical user installation, say it installs a client on the J2EE, syncs to get a device ID, syncs again to get apps and data. In the end all gets packed together.

If you get the error that the device ID cannot be received it can have several reasons:

- Client cannot startup on the J2EE (e.g. unsupported platform)

- Services not correctly enabled in SICF (e.g. not active, wrong service user/password)

What you can do is check in the SPC Folder on the J2EE for the temporary installation folder and check the client traces, they will typically point you to a solution. Since SP19, I guess, these logs can as well be downloaded in the NWMA (where typically the setup package would be ready for download).

Hope this helps,

Thomas

PS: If you keep stuck may post the log files of your tmp client