cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to transport from development to quality system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In installed and configured the development system for MI. Now the quality assurance system is ready and I was wondering what could be transported and what must be done manually...

The only thing I was thinking about that could be transport are the generated function modules for sync_bo's... Must this be transported or generated in each system?

Are there other things I forget?

Kind regards,

jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

<<

The only thing I was thinking about that could be transport are the generated function modules for sync_bo's..

>>

Here we are not transporting the generated function modules for the syncbos,

only the entries for the names of generated function modules would be transported to the target system.Associated with this, the rest of the attributes of the syncbos , mapping details,filtering details..etc. will also be transported..

Also you have to follow these checklists,,,

1) If the BAPI Wrappers u r using for the Syncbos are in the ABAP Stack of the MI System(this could be a seperate server.)., those Wrappers should be transported first.

2) If the wrappers are on seperate system, then the RFC destination to that particular system should be maintained properly in the Quality Server.You can either change the RFC destination while exporting the SyncBos using migration tool, or while importing those requests in the Quality system.

3) If dependent syncbos are also there and those syncbos are in another transport request, then you should do the transport of the parent syncbo first.

While exporting the syncbos using migration tool, the syncbo contents will be stored in a transport request which could be seen using the SE01 or STMS transactions.. These transport requests should be transported to the quality system before doing the import(Migration Tool) in the Quality System.

So after importing the transported request in the quality system, u can regenerate these syncbos and can be enabled using Profile Dialog(merep_pd).. During this regeneration step, the function modules will be generated which inturn act as downloader, uploader and replicator while syncing.

<<<Steps for Importing>>>

The steps for importing the default transport request are,

1) run the transaction merep_mig

2) go to table merep_810 using transaction se11.

3) from there you will get one default transport request number - S6DK003813

4) In the Migration Tool(merep_mig), select transport action as 'Import'.Here you have to enter the default request number and execute.

just refer these forums also..

Regards,

Kishor Gopinathan

Answers (0)