cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS to SD billing cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is into IT service industry and they generally deals in government sector. SD module will be majorly used to bill the customer. Now we are planning the implementation cycle for SD as shown below.

Project created in PS > WBS Elements created(PS) > Value contract(SD) > Release order(SO in SD) > Invoice(SD)

Now my queries are as mentioned below

1) Is this flow from value contract to invoice correct

2) Which document type and item categories shall I use for contract, So & Invoice

3) How to integrate the billing plan

4) Pricing procedure in release orders

Thanks in advance for the support.

Regards,

HB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The process is below like ,

1. CN01 - Creation of standard Network or else you can create Project based on sale order

2. CJ11 -Creation of WBS element

3. VA41 -  Create Value Contract with WK1 Document Type and Item Category is WKN & Item Category Group NORM ( Maintain Assigment in VOV4 and also VOV5)

4. VA01 - Create SO with respect of the WK1 Value Contract  (before ,we have to create assortment module in "WSV2 " and maintain this in VA41), Here maintain billing plan ,when the payment will be cleared by the customer then automatically ,the billing plan will be removed.

5.VL02N- Do Delivery and PGI

6. VF01 - Finally ,create the Billing Doc F2 .

Note : Please maintain Copying Control b/w VTLA and VTFL.

or lese

you can create Billing with reference of the Contract with WK1 Document Type and Item Category is WKN before maintain copying control in VTFA .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Thanks for this helpful response.

Delivery is being taken care by MM over here. So we will follow the sequence of contract, assortment module, SO & invoice.

Please if you can given some more clarification on below

1) What is the purpose of assortment module

2) Can I use standard document type OR and item category TAN to create the sales order with ref to the contract or shall I use some other doc type and item category

3) What kind of pricing procedure will be there in my SO

4) If there is a service material then how the scenario changes

Regards,

HB

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1. The Value contract can contain a different types materials or Group of Materials through an  Assortment Module ,that's we want use assortment module in contract level .One Assortment Module Type can have many Modules .

2.Ya ,you can use standard also as you want ( if that is suitable / fulfill )

3. Actually ,Contracts have separate pricing procedure as PSER01 ( you can use ,as they want )

4. If Service Material,use SC  document type and use item category as WVN and appropriate Item Category Group DIEN. Here dont want create Assortment Module .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Thanks for the support.

Just one more clarification. Can we make a single assortment module which includes a service material and a normal material.

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Can we make a single assortment module which includes a service material and a normal material.

A. Why , you want to include Service Material with Normal Material .

Ex: Damaged Bike is a Service Material and Normal Material is Good Bike .In this case ,what is the use for sending / including Normal Bike with Damaged Bike  ?

Note : Sincerely , I didn't do like this way before .

If you have any doubts please let em know .

Thanks,

Naren