cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 invoice from a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to have 2 invoice (one is proforma and one is F2 invoice) from a single sales order.

Sales order has a service material. So invoice is created from sales order. No delivery.

Regards

Vishwas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is very possible and a valid scenario. In one scenario we will first create the Proforma from the order and once the Proforma is validated and checked by finance we will create the Invoice for the same sale order. And as you are using a proforma Invoice type you can bill the same multiple times

You can maintain copy control between the Order and Proforma Invoice type and between Order and Standard Invoice Type.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's possible to issue a proforma and an invoice from the same sales order item. Proformas do not change the billing status hence multiple proformas may be issued and the same item may still be invoiced "for real". But after the "real" invoice has been created for the full quantity/amount, the billing status will be set to 'Completed' and it won't be possible to invoice the same item again. Proformas have been discussed many times on SCN, please use Search before posting.

If you have access to a test/sandbox system it's always more effective to just try something yourself instead of asking "is it possible". At the least you'll learn something in the process of trying. And if you get stuck, you can always ask a more specific question on SCN.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have 2 invoice (one is proforma and one is F2 invoice) from a single sales order

All suggestions given are against delivery whereas, it has been very clearly mentioned what the requirement is.  I request all to carefully go through the requirement and accordingly propose suggestion.

Coming to the requirement, yes it is very much possible.  Maintain copy control in VTFA for both the billing document types and you have to key in manually either of one billing type in VF01.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Good advice!

You play many roles in SCN (moderator, member etc.), one of important ones is that you are a mentor!

Keep it up!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello TW ,

Please have a look into below link as you said before in one thread .Please comment on my above post .that was related to below link .But here ,we can create 2 invoices with respective one doc .So ,one doc have one item category ,we can put billing relevance only as one .If based on Billing relevance ,How can we get two invoices ?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3291989

Note : present ,I dont have Sand Box to test it .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes , its possible to have multiple invoices for a sales document . Many times we have a scenario of Invoice splitting , even sap standards checks some fields to be same to have a single invoice or if payment terms,payer is different in order sap automatically does invoice splitting .

Manully invoice splitting is possible via a formula in copy control settings .

During invoice creation sap takes the invoice type from sales order default assigned . If invoice is created manually then invoice type can be changed during creation.

Thanks

Jiten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jitender

what op asked is if in one  delivery document , is it possible to create different billing documents with proforma invoice and , f2

so as i am thinking it is not possible plz if you know , we can create plz comment how to do

i am waiting for ur replay  and from experts

plz i am very thankful to you

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas,

Very much possible,

Maintain copy control between your delivery document and proforma type, also your delivery document and commercial invoice type.

It should work.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually ,One Sales Order will be had Only One Document Type .This document type will be assigned to Item Category .In this Item Category ,there was one field as Billing Relevance .This field will be controlled ,which Billing Doc ,you want in Sales Order when you processing VA01 Transaction .Finally ,what I am saying is ,One Item Category had one only field as Billing Relevance ,this either standard F2 or Proforma F5 or F8 as you can maintain only one not can maintain both .

Note : I think,not possible .

If you have any doubts please let em know.

Thanks,

Naren