cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Values in SAP IdM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've noticed when we provision an identity with either a Business role or a direct assignment  I'm noticing some of the assignment requests are sitting in Pending state which means they are waiting on the master assignment.  Most of these cases are new Identities these identities already have the master privilege assignment prior to this assignment( ONLY) from the prior request all I'm doing is adding an additional assignment to the existing user.

Everytime I have to run a seperate job to re-try and re-provision these pending entries who has 512/513 and on top of that I do for some users with in IdM I'm seeing the provisioning status is OK but when I go to the backend to check in the ABAP repository this user didn't get  provisioned with that privilege,

Does this have anything to do the Database performance which might be a cause of dead lock with in the database while reading and updating tables.

Wondering if any one is facing the similar issues  appreciate if you could share your experience with these pending items and database dead locks.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Several people are currently experiencing a similar effect using SP5.  What version are you using?

As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with database deadlocks.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for responding to my post. I'm using SP5, so you think this is nothing to do whether we are ORACLE or MS SQL. I did hear this pending issue is occurring more often in MSSQL rather than ORACLE so is that a true statement.

Is there any workarround other than running these additional jobs to clear them.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

The surest fix seems to be upgrading to SP6.  Its a pretty straight forward process and doesn't take that long so if you can, I'd recommend starting there.  I'm running 6 on Oracle and haven't had a single problem.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't mind asking how many repositories are you connecting to from IdM. We are connected to 76 repositories from IdM.  And also is the database installed on a single server and is it clustered?

I'm sure will upgrade to SP6 but just want to analyze if I have to re-architect the landscape to fix this.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've got about 50 all up.  It shouldn't be too much of a drama depending on the volume of changes.  Its worth while making sure that your deltas are configured to reduce traffic on the IDM database.  The database is single server at the moment (local).  Again, the database shouldn't be a significant factor in speed (I've run it over 30k users on one database) as long as you manage your load.

The dispatcher processing can get slow but it should still actually process things if you have things in the provisioning queue.

The other thing to make sure is that your dispatcher is connected to the jobs that you're expecting to run

Peter