cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requestor is allowed to approve Own Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone configured GRC where Requestor is prevented from approving own request? The scenario steps below is not working in our system not sure what i am missing. Any faced this issue please provide any guidence on fixing this

Requester = UserA

Enduser = Enduser1

1. UserA submits the request for ENDUSER1

2. UserA being Manager of ENDUSER1 approves the request as Manager

3. UserA is also the role approver for the roles requested

4. UserA approves the request\roles as the role approver

5. Request is closed and roles are provisioned

The problem in this request is there is no 2nd person involved between creating the request and approving at both the stages which is an issue for Audit

PS: System prevents the approver from approving the request if the request is for the approver itself

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Currently it is not possible to restrict requestor to approve request created by him/her . Based on EUP value 'Approve Own Request', system currently checks that user of request should not be approver of the request. But there is no check for requestor .

I think SAP is working on a fix where you can restrict User , User and Requestor to approver their own request using EUP value.

Best Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aman..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

From an audit perspective I don't have any issues with above scenario as long as a valid request reason is documented. However it is not the common practice that the manager decides to grant the enduser more authorizations from nothing. If the request popped in to the requestor by email, then just export the email as a pdf and attach it to the request. Do challenge your auditors on this.

To get to the root of this problem please consider to change the organizational setup. Workflow is about segregation of duties, hence not a one-man-show.

Kind Regards,

Vit