cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyway to register users massively at Control Center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm on a project for several hundred mobile users.
At Backend we can do a massive user creation, but how can we achieve this at Sybase Control Center?

Regards,

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Francisco,

For which application do you want create the users in SCC?

If you have a license you can create how many user you want.

For example I work with CRM SAP Mobile and Workflows HWC, our company have license so we can create unlimited users, you can even repeat the name, but it has to be for different apps.

Hope I helped you

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply. The license are not a problem here, anyway the app is CRM Sales Mobile, the point here is that I want to avoid register users manually and one by one at Control Center.

I'm looking for some-how to create all the users at once, like a batch program.
Do you know if there is something available?

Thanks!

Francisco

girisho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Francisco,

Please explain your security configuration to authenticate inbound users from your mobile app. If you have setup a LDAP authentication you dont need to create users again in SCC. And the device users on the other side can be registered by enabling AUTOMATIC Registration process on the app configuration.

Hope this helps.

BR,

GO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Unfortunately, for some business procedures we can't use LDAP authentication.
Do you know any alternative?

Regards,

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have multiple domains configured? Looks like your scenario requires more than one domain so that authentication can be carried out based on your business procedures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

You can use automatic registration from the device so that you can avoid manually entering the details while creating the user in SCC, this feature is available in SUP 2.1.3 onwards

Please refer to the bellow URLs :

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01205.0212/doc/html/aba13...

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01205.0212/doc/html/aba13...

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

girisho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Francisco,

Sorry I was not checking SDN since last answer. Yes there are multiple ways you can authenticate inbound Device users. I am not sure your landscape. If you could provide some details on your landscape then I can probably share the ideas around authentication and security.

GO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prem, Srinivas and Girish.

Let me explain a little more the landscape. This issue is for SAP CRM Sales 2.0.1, so we can't make any modifications to the app code.

@Prem, yes we have additional domains. But the issue is we can't use the active directory, for some troubles in the file structure.

I would really appreciate it, if you have any additional info.

Regards,
Francisco