cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to fill a read-only input field via value help in WD4A?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to enable a value help to fill a value into a read-only field (for the user).

I have an input field with the corresponding value help attached and everything is working fine. Now i want to set this input field to read-only, so the user can't enter a new value manually. It should still be possible to change the value by selection in the value help.

Compared to classic dynpros: Using FM F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST and passing 'F' (forced) to parameter DISPLAY of the FM it fills input fields even if they're read-only to the user.

Any ideas how to implement in WD4A?

Best regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by a simple work around. Create one more input filed beside the main input field with width 0px and bind to the same attribute. So that it will appear as the main input field F4 help.

Check this document for reference: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33880

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

thanks for your reply.

This "solution" still is a half-working workaround, since the user still can navigate to the unproteced input field (via tab-key) and enter whatever he wants... even accidentially 😕

But it's a nice looking solution to keep in mind!

Best regards,

Michael

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be user can use tab key. But user will see the cursor position to enter!! and entering accidentally might be 1% we can take into account.

If you want to ensure 100% I would suggest you to create DropDown instead of Input field.

Populate the F4 values to the DropDownByIndex UI and let the user select among those only.

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)