SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block New PO Postings in FM for Year End Closing

former_member566899
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our fiscal year runs from July 1st to June 30th.  During the lapse periods (from July 1st to August 31st), there will be closing activities on previous year's transactions as part of the closing process.  We would like to block new PO postings for the previous fiscal year but still allow new PO postings for the current fiscal year.  We thought about using FMIR or FMMI to control by value types for the period 1 & 2, however, doing this will block value type 51 across the board.  I'm wondering if anyone here has done this before and could provide some feedback. 

Thanks,

Hwee

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you specify why FMIR is not good for you? The definition is per year and period, i.e. For year X-1, you don't allow 51 at all (define all the types, but 51) and for year X - define '*' for all value types.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your response.

The problem with FMIR is the timing of the previous year's postings and current year's postings overlap duriong the lapse period (July 1st to August 31st, period 1 & 2).

During the lapse period customers are allowed to make changes on previous year's POs as part of the closing process.  If I don't allow VT51 for year X period 1, it will prevent customers from making changes on the previous year's POs and at the same time new current year's POs are allowed to be created.

Hope this helps clarifying your questions.

Thanks,

Hwee

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you carry-forward (FMJ2) your old POs to a new year, then your user will allow to make changes, even if they were created in previous year, while creating a new document of VT 51 in previous year will be blocked by FMIR.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Overall budget is implemented here at this customer because of the use of Budget Period.  Therefore, FMJ2 is not necessary.  The issue is making changes on previous year's POs and creating new current year's POs both create VT51 and there is no way to isolate this in FMIR.

Thanks,

Hwee

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... Yes, with overall budget, you won't be able to isolate correction of old POs and creation of new ones. Here, I guess, only a user-exit or BTE during PO creation will help.