cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Booking against WBS with out Cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per our scenario manpower movement happens in the various project sites.We want to book this manpower time against each project WBS, so that at month end or any time we should be able to see the time booked against each project WBS. As we don't want any cost, we have not created any Activity type in the system.

Is is possible to book time thorough CATS without having any Activity type mentioned in the system. If not can anybody guide me how to do this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

GB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you enter time in CATS and approve them the WBS only have the hours in a second step you can transfer the cost of this time. In your case you shouldnt execute the CO transfer.

Is this OK for you?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sara,

When I am trying to book the time against WBS, it ask me for the Sender. It is because the related cost will come to this WBS. But the requirement here is we want only the Time on WBS and not the cost.

Is there any possibility to book the timing against WBS without any sender activity type mentioned in the system.

Regards

GB

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure, but if you enter activity type and then not transfer it to Controlling you have only the time, not the cost.

Is it a problem for you create a dummy activity?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

If you just want to post Hours , you can make use of SKF (Statistical Key Figure) with Employee as SKF instead of booking on CATS. You can book hours for each employee through Transaction KB31N on respective WBS.

The booked hours can be view throug report S_ALR_87013548.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Hemant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hemant suggestion is the best option available to you. With statistical key figure you will not have cost postings on receiver WBS element as you desired.

The sender cost center represents the employees cost center and certainly it will have activity type. Making ZERO in that activity type will lead to issues in other areas.

So better you go with KB31N setting up statistical key figures. In reports you will see the lumpsum amount against period and no break up details as you see in CADO for cats entries.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hemant and Sudhakar,

I tried doing as you mentioned in the earlier post. some of the concern are

1. Does I need to maintain SKF for all the employees?

2. The old entries are getting replaced with the new entries

3. The Posting done for one date is getting reflected against all the months in report. eg. I am doing booking against 01.01.13 for 10 hrs but in report it reflects 1 hr against each month

Actually I think this will be good if I want to book total time for the month.

say in this case Manpower as SFK and for month of Jan total time is 1200 (8Hr/day for 5 manpower each)

Thanks for the post but it doesn't meet my requirement. I want to book day wise emplyee wise time agaisnt WBS.

Please comment.

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

If you want to get the details as per period then use then you need to tick on radio button total values instead of FXd val in Master Data of SKF,by doing this hrs posted will be seeen at that priod only and not distributed for other periods.

As per your another querry you can definetely post the cost day wise on each WBS using KB31N , but at this point of time I am not sure of the report to get line item details. But you can develop a report using Table COEPR.

Regards,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Thanks for the reply on the post. Finally we have agreed to go with activity type mentioned in the system with some dummy price in the same. We will do the time booking against WBS with this activity type.

Though we are doing this we are not transferring this to PS, to avoid cost implication.

I have only one question here in case I don't transfer this to PS will there be any issue? Where I can see this cost as I checked in CATSDB table there I could not see any cost against the WBS.

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GB,

For every entry in CAT2 it would be stored in table CATSDB with status 20 (released for approval). After approval (status 30) and transfer it will store in table CATSPS.

So I have question here what is the purpose and objective of booking employee hours. If you are not transferring booked hours it will not show up aginst receiving PS objects.

I assume that you wanted to book time and transfer hours to PS objects for monitoring the employee hours booked against NWA for evaluation and keep track who is working on what object without actual cost.

The point here is if you are not transferring hours it will store in CATSBD and it would't be possible to monitor purpose. Cost would't be show up in CATSDB or CATSPS tables rather it will show up in RPSCO/COEPR and in tac-CJI3.

Try maintaining the activity type price as 0.00 and transfer so that you will not have any actual cost coming onto project objects.

Thanks,

Sudhakar