cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Hierarchy in APO Demand Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we want to implement the possibility in DP to plan for a customer hierarchy. We want to be able to plan for the hierarchy in total, but also for the various hierarchy levels. Is this possible in the SAP APO Standard? Is there a standard object that can represent the hierarchy?

For usefull tipps or solutions I would be really gratefull.

Thank you.

Mitch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitch,

If you can tell me where in SAP have you seen an object called "Customer Hierarchy". You need to clarify what you mean by customer hierarchy. There is definately no such thing in SAP ERP or SAP APO.

If you are referring to some external non SAP systems where customer hierarchy exists, you need to expand the same.

There is no such thing as a "hierarchy" in APO DP. There is either a characteristic or a an aggregate.

One or more "related" characterisitcs can belong to a "dimension".

All of this is flexibly defined. You can then give it any name you like e.g. customer hierarchy.

I should be able to help if you can specify the end objective in plain simple terms

Danke

Borat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

thank you for your response, I'll try to clearify my question. When viewing the InfoObject 0CUSTOMER in transaction RSA1, there is a tab HIERARCHY:

By clicking on Maintain Hierarchies I am able to create customer hierarchies:

My question is: How can I use this hierarchy, for example in a planning book. I am not able to create characterisics values using this hierarchy. Do you know what the use of those Hierarchies are, if not for planning?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Mitch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mitch Rapp

Dear Mitch Rapp

Customer hierarchie is just like product or loction

customer hierarchy  configuration

Following are the steps followed in exact config of customer hierarchy:

T-code: OVH1

1) DEFINE HIERARCHY TYPES:

IMG-MASTER DATA-CUSTOMER HIERARCHY-DEFINE HIERARCHY TYPES.

T-code: VOPA

2) Set partner determination for hierarchy categories:

IMG-MASTER DATA

SET UP PARTNER DETERMINATION FOR HIERARCHY CATEGORIES

T-code: OVH2

3) Assign Account groups:

IMG-ASSIGN ACCOUNT GROUPS

The possible higher-level account groups to the account groups permitted for each customer hierarchy type. Therefore, both the valid account groups for each hierarchy type are defined and the higher-level account groups of the valid account groups

T-code: OVH3

4) Assign sales areas:

IMG-ASSIGN SALE AREAS

The sales areas to each other which allow you to determine whether a area uses its own customer hierarchies or shares one with another area.

T-code: OVH4

5) Assign hierarchy type for pricing by sales document type:

IMG-CUSTOMER HIERARCHY----ASSIGN SALE AREAS

Please refer /SAPAPO/HIEZU02, SAPAPO/HIEZU04, SAPAPO/HIEZU06, SAPAPO/HIEZU08,

SAPAPO/HIEZU10

Thanks & Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhakar,

thank you for your helpful response.

I still don't know how I can use the hierarchies in my planning book. In what InfoObject will the customer hierarchy be safed?

Thank you for all your troubles.

Regards
Mitch