cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger FTP Pull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting a problem when pulling a file with the Seeburger FTP adapter. The error is logged in the ftp.trc file but I'm not seeing anything in sxmb_moni. Any body would know where the "pulled" file is temporary stored before being processed by the integration server?

Rgds,

Yves

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW - We are looking at using the Seeburger AS2 in the future!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already turned on the dump and it's all OK?? If I recreate the file from the dump, I can process it!

Offset 2409 points to the end of the file, actually after the end of the file...

I already tried multiple combinations with my partner but I haven't' tried removing the CRLF at the end. Also, I know that my partner is doing the AS2 encryption in ASCII and I'm pulling in Binary. I did try pulling in ASCII but I was getting the same problem so I'm almost sure that it's a problem between the AS2 conversion and the Seeburger FTP protocol and/or the end of file character.

I will setup the Archiving module too, it's sounds like a good idea to see the pulled file!

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, now it makes a bit more sense, you basically got 2 problems:

1.) you can't see the file the FTP has picked up

2.) BIC runs on error

some suggestions to solve

1) See page 43 of the SAPXI_FTPAdapter_en.pdf documentation

Message Dumping

For debugging purposes, it is possible to dump the complete FTP files to a directory on the SAP XI

Server.

Message dumping can be enabled via the J2EE Admin. Go to the “ConnectorContainer” service and

select the FTP/VAN Adapter. Go to the “ManagedConnectionFactory” tab and then to the “Properties”

sub-tab. Now the “transmissionDataDump” property can be changed:

When the save button is clicked, the adapter is restarted and dumping is activated / deactivated.

Be sure to only use dumping for debugging purposes, since it reduces the performance of

the FTP/VAN Adapter.

The dump files are saved to the <your sap installation>/server0/seeburger/ftp/dump directory.

Another option is, do you use the Seeburger Archiving Solution ? Then you can configure a FileStore before the BIC Module and you'll be able to download the document from the Archive. See SAPXI_Archiving_en.pdf

2) Total Offset 2409, you can check in the file that your Vendor send you it is probably toward the end of the file. Maybe they have an extra CRLF after the IEA, that would confuse BIC or the VAN adds like an EOF, which can't be processed. Maybe that happens when the VAN is decrypting the Message from AS2.

Why don't you do AS2 directly with your Trading Partner and save the VAN cost ?

Regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is my problem, I'm pulling files from different partners using the Seeburger FTP adapter today. Never had any problems. Now I want to move our last EDI partner from our old Gentran server to our new XI/Seeburger server. For a reason that I'm not to sure, the files are not getting processed. I'm getting an error in the .trc ftp file. I asked my partner to send me the EDI doc by mail and I can process the file OK using the XI file adapter. It's very strange. The only difference with this partner, they use AS2. So they send the file via AS2 to my VAN and the pull the decrypted EDI file from the VAN. Here is the error that I'm getting in the log file:

J2EE_GUEST#0####dff8e020b23211db9acd000e7fed12cf#output##0#0#Error#1#com.seeburger.bicxiadapter.module.CallBicXIRaBean#Plain###Catching exception: --- Conversion of synchronous request from module chain ended with errors ---[Error:ID=2023;LEVEL=1] InhouseDocReader readNextSegment(): offset[2409(read Segment : ½1)]: caught ReadingException: Length limit exceeded - no SEG. delim. found!!!

DESCRIPTION: InhouseDocReader causes an ReadingException while trying to read the next segment of current file, abort

And again, the funny thing is that I won't get the error if I process the file with the File adapter??

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

you can only use the Seeburger FTP Adapter to poll a file from one of the registered VANs, it will not work with a Standard FTP.

For Standard FTP you have to use the SAP File/FTP Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't get there, the error is generated within the Seeburger FTp adapter. I can see the error in the .trc trace file only.

Rgds,

Yves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yves,

As the message is not reached Intergation server it does not show in SXMB_MONI.

check if you are dorping empty file

to see error in RWB you need to reggister the seebuger adapter in Visual admimn then you can find the correct error in RWB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

can you use the default File/FTP Adapter from SAP ?

If an error occurs in the Adapter you will not see it in the sxmb_moni. You can see it in the Component or Message Monitoring of the Java Stack.

Start Integration Builder --> Integration Monitoring --> Runtime Workbench

Regards,

Andrea