cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.31 Validation step fails in dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am upgrading NW 7.11 (dual stack on Oracle/AIX) to NW 7.31 SP5 using SUM 1.0 SP6; but I am getting the following error in validation step. Did anyone have this error before? As per oss note 1763605, I had enough disk space.

Jan 13, 2013 7:58:10 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Validation of deployment queue completed with er

ror: Unexpected exception

sap.com/WD-ADOBE: Validation of archive /install/NW731/WDADOBE05_0-10009497.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

See Deploy Controller log /install/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/deploy_api.log.0 for details.

sap.com/LMNWABASICMBEAN: Validation of archive /install/NW731/LMNWABASICMBEAN05_0-10009494.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

See Deploy Controller log /install/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/deploy_api.log.0 for details.

sap.com/JSPM: Validation of archive /install/NW731/JSPM05_0-10009492.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

sap.com/CFG_ZA_CE: Validation of archive /install/NW731/CFGZACE05_0-10009501.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

No deployed old version found on the system for component sap.com/CFG_ZA_CE with version 7.31.5.0 and provider SAP AG.

sap.com/ECM-CORE: Validation of archive /install/NW731/ECMCORE05_0-20007069.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

No deployed old version found on the system for component sap.com/ECM-CORE with version 7.31.5.0 and provider SAP AG.

sap.com/ESREG-BASIC: Validation of archive /install/NW731/ESREGBASIC05_0-20007076.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

sap.com/SECURITY-EXT: Validation of archive /install/NW731/SECURITYEXT05P_1-10009496.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

No deployed old version found on the system for component sap.com/SECURITY-EXT with version 7.31.5.1 and provider SAP AG.

sap.com/AJAX-RUNTIME: Validation of archive /install/NW731/AJAXRUNTIME05P_1-10009502.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

No deployed old version found on the system for component sap.com/AJAX-RUNTIME with version 7.31.5.1 and provider SAP AG.

sap.com/ESI-UI: Validation of archive /install/NW731/ESIUI05_0-20007074.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

sap.com/LMNWAUIFRMRK: Validation of archive /install/NW731/LMNWAUIFRMRK05P_1-20007064.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

sap.com/FRAMEWORK-EXT: Validation of archive /install/NW731/FRAMEWORKEXT05P_2-20007136.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

No deployed old version found on the system for component sap.com/FRAMEWORK-EXT with version 7.31.5.2 and provider SAP AG.

sap.com/SOAMONBASIC: Validation of archive /install/NW731/SOAMONBASIC05_0-20007150.SCA for component null/null finished with warning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soliman,

Can you tell the free space of the /usr/sap/SID directory and the space used /install directory.

If you have enough enough space then you give a try by rebooting the system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 25G free in /usr/sap/SID and 105G free in the installation directory. I restarted the process few times and ended with the same issue.

I also attepted to upgrade on another box, and had the same results.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nader,

Can you tell me the directory /install used space where java component are present.

e.g /install/NW731/ used space

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

25G (including kernel, abap export and java export DVDs).

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nader ,

As per the note you need to have 3 times the size of all SCAs free in this directory.

You can reboot the system and start the process once again.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please upload deploy_api.log.0 file...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This file is never created on the system. I tested the same upgrade procedure on another instance and ended up with the same error, and no deploy_api.log.0 file.