Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_ADM Event-Controlled Message Processing

former_member434498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

Good day!

I need to setup an Event-Controlled Message Processing scenario for Integration Engine to delay processing of certain messages.

Actually, I was able to define message filter in SXMSFILTER and schedule message processing in SXMSJOBS.

After I was done with the configuration, I sent several test messages for the concerned interface (to be delayed).

Messages were stuck in queue name - XBTJ20130114132808467889 and actual XML messages are maintained in status "scheduled for outbound processing".

At this point, I think the filtering and stopping of the messages worked fine but I noticed that they are not getting processed even after job end date.

On SXMSJOBS, I have set the following:

Start Date - 14.01.2013

Start Time - 13:50:00

End Date - 14.01.2013

End Time - 13:55:00

Period - 1 hour

Even after the above period/time, messages are still stuck in queue.

010  BATCHADM     STOP                            XBTJ20130114132808467889  14.01.2013  14:50:40  Transaction recorded                                QLOCKSIN111111111111111

Anyone here who have successfully configured Event-Controlled Message Processing scenarios?

What seems to be the problem with my setup?

How can the messages be processed/started after it has been stopped?

Thanks and Regards,

Carlo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlo,

What is QOS of the message you are trying to schedule?.

PI Supports only EO (Exactly Once) or EOIO (Exactly Once In Order) for event controlled Message Processing.

Also Have a look at report SXMS_START_JOBS

I hope there is no issue with System time of PI server.

Thanks,

Sunil

former_member434498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the inputs.

QoS of the messages are EO (Exactly Once).

Just noticed that the event-controlled message processing works fine.

However, I'm unable to figure out the time when the messages will be triggered/processed given the parameters we set in SXMSJOBS.

Could you please tell me how below parameters affect the time of processing of the messages?

Start Date - 14.01.2013 - Is this the start date and time the messages will be stopped?

Start Time - 13:50:00

End Date - 14.01.2013 - Is this the date and time the messages will be processed?

End Time - 13:55:00

Period - 1 hour - I guess this is to schedule the job periodically. If you want to repeat the job, say the next hour or day?

Thank you and Regards,

Carlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlo!

Nice to see you here!

I am actually trying to configure an Event-Controlled Message Processing. Would you happen to have any progress with setting it up and would you have any answers with your latest question?

Thanks! Hope you are doing good!

Regards,

Marcus Murillo

Answers (0)