ST 400 0015

ST-A/PI 01K_CRM560 0000

ST-ICO 150_700 0013

ST-SER 700_2008_1 0000

Kernel release 700

Sup.Pkg lvl 179

Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64

MSSQL 2005

I need to use MOPZ for doing update to SOLMAN7.0 EHP1 from the current SOLMAN7.0, but while trying to use tcode SOLMAN_SETUP it says

TRANSACTION SOLMAN_SETUP doesnt exist. I guess the ST level should be SP23 and mine is 15. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you use the MOPZ application in the SAP service marketplace under link http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks instead? You just need to select Solution Manager 7.0 and follow the guideline (choose source and target stack, os/db files, spam patch etc.), the application will calculate the required files for your system update. So, you do not need to setup the system first for MOPZ application but can fast continue with your solman update installation..

http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/swdc/sps/index.do?pvnr=01200314690900000235&u=&session_id=saS0...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

I dint get you exactly what you mean by using MOPZ through OSS portal. As far as I know one can use MOPZ only using the SOLMAN system itself. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MOPZ is required for downloading support packages and patches for systems based on NetWeaver 2004s as well as for packages that are released after April 2007, that's correct. However, to get MOPZ working correctly you will need an up-to-date solman system.

So, either you request a current solman export from SAP, request the update packages via another solman's MOPZ (for this you need to fully maintain the system data - ABAP & JAVA of your installation) or - and that's the easiest and fastest way - you use the application in the SAP portal. This is only working for some SAP products and patches.

Later on, when finishing you update process, configuration through solman_setup and customizing, you will need MOPZ for updating your other systems, e.g. ERP or CRM.

Regards, RP

EDIT: I just tested with the information you provided in the first post. All files for the update from SPS15 to SPS30 were collected and sent to download basket where I could downlaod them. In addition, the stack.xml files was generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understand you are telling me to use MOPZ application in the SAP portal. If yes could pls provide me the exact link on OSS portal as the earlier link http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks doesnt show anything wherein I can see MOPZ to start with. And if I want to have MOPZ in my system then you said something about exporting I dint understand that concept clearly, if you could elaborate that, that would be helpfull to me.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

here are some screenshots:

1. goto http://servcie.sap.com/sp-stacks

2. chose SAP SOlution Manager 7.0 (a new window will open)

3. select source and target stack

click "next step"

4. select the current PI_BASIS component

click "next step"

5. select required os/db dependend files such as SAP kernel (use 7.20 rather than an old one..)

click "next step"

5. Step 5 will show you the list of selected files, e.g.

You can add them to your download basket and display the generated stack.xml file.

Another option for setting up the solman system is to order a current installation package from SAP (= system export from SAP). So, you do not need to patch 15 stakcs (from SPS15 to SPS30).

Regards, RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your participation but could you provide me the exact reason why the tcode SOLMAN_SETUP is not running on my system as I have already downloaded the softwares as explained by you above.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

solman_setup (as guided procedure) was introduced with EhP1..

here's the link: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/How+to+Use+SAP+Solution+Manager+Configuration+%28SOLMAN...

As of SAP Solution Manager EhP1, there is a new, automatic, basic configuration. You can access it with transaction code SOLMAN_SETUP. It allows an easy and fast step-by-step configuration of SAP Solution Manager. A guided activity leads you through the configuration steps. A lot of previously time-consuming steps are now done automatically.

Before EhP1 you have to do all steps manually...

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

You can increase the ST to SP18.

Its better to raise message to SAP.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your participation but my issue is the tcode SOLMAN_SETUP is not working in my system which is the basic problem.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

If I apply patch SP18 or 23, will it solve this tcode problem.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Ashutosh is correct,

This transaction is present only in SP18 or the enterprise edition of solman.. My suggestion to you is to upgrade the system.

Thanks,

Santanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santanu,

Thank you very much for your participation and to answer my query. But I cant upgrade the SOLMAN as there is no other Basis consultant except me. My final destination is to perform EHP5 on ECC6.0 and here the SOLMAN system is not set properly. Like the SLD is not working, tcodes like SOLMAN_SETUP, then there is issue with the MOPZ too. Lots of issues.Therefore my first action is to apply EHP1 on SOLMAN 7.0 system.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do that.

Alternatively,

Please try:-

SPRO-> Sap Reference IMG-> SAP Solution Manager ->Configuration

Now Perform the Wizard settings and give a try.

Thanks,

Santanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know if this resolves your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santanu, could you please elaborate what you want me to perform from SPRO.I mean what is it meant for.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I mean to say is the Basic Configuration of Solution Manager can be done from SPRO transaction in  Solman if your Solman_Setup is not working. Its not a Best Practice but its an Alternative approach.

1. Goto SPRO transaction

2. On the Next screen you will find a tab SAP Reference IMG. Click on that.

3. Next screen you will get SAP Solution Manager. Expand it.

4. Next you will get Basic Configuration. Expand It.

5. Next Execute BASIC Configuration: Guided Procedure. And proceed with the said steps.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Santanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santanu,

Thank you very much for your explanation but can you please tell me why is Basic configuration required and will this help me to run the tcode SOLMAN_SETUP. As far as I believe I'll have to apply SP23 to SOLMAN. Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once again... you are running a very old release of solution manager with support package 15.

In this release, the transaction solman_setup is NOT available. It is introduced with support package 18. With this support package the SAP_BASIS software component is increased from 700 to 701. Therefore, support package 18 is also called EhP1.

The transaction solman_setup is a user-friendly version of the customizing transaction SPRO where a step-by-step procedure guides you through the initial setup of your solution manager.

So, you have diffferent options here:

1) Either you configure your solman without solman_setup by using the customizing wizard in transaction SPRO (which is exactly the same only in different design) ... OR ..

2) update the system to a higher support package first (minimum support package 23). Then transaction solman_setup is available and you can configure your system using this guided procedure.

I recommend the 2. option because as you are saying you want to update an ECC 6.0 system to EhP5. Therefore, you will need an up-to-date solman system with the latest corrections for MOPZ. Otherwise, the stack calculation of MOPZ will be not correct or the stack.xml file will be full of failures..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Thank you very much for clarifying my doubt. This is what i was expecting. Please do participate in any further dicussion posted by me.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (0)