SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume earmarked funds through invoice documents generated through billing documents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have generated a Billing Document and then, a FI invoice document has been generated.

In this FI document, I fill the field "Earmarked Funds" with a forecast of revenue created in tcode FMV1.

The problem is the following:

When we display the forecast in the tcode FMV3, by clicking in the tab "Consumption", we are not being able to check this invoice as consumption.

However, if we post the invoice document directly in the transaction FB01 (without a connection to a SD document), this problem does not occur and if we display the consumptions on tcode FMV3, the value present in the FI document is consumed.

I want to remark that the field "Earmarked Funds" is also present in the billing document as a developed field, since this field is only standard when we generate documents directly through the tcode FB01.

Thanks and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nuno

please see the online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/8c/2e40c9380811d295750000e835339d/content.htm?framese...

Financial Accounting documents (revenues)can reduce forecast of revenues

·  Customer posting

·  Vendor credit memo

·  Down payment request

·  Down payment

Normally, Billing documents should reduce the commitment from the reference Sales Order, does this work like that in your case?

Thanks!

Regards

Mar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nuno

please see the online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/8c/2e40c9380811d295750000e835339d/content.htm?framese...

Financial Accounting documents (revenues)can reduce forecast of revenues

·  Customer posting

·  Vendor credit memo

·  Down payment request

·  Down payment

Normally, Billing documents should reduce the commitment from the reference Sales Order, does this work like that in your case?

Thanks!

Regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hello Mar,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the financial accounting documents only reduce forecast of revenues if I generate those documents directly in FI. If I create a sales order and then I generate a FI document, I am not being able to reduce the forecast of revenues.

Thanks,

Nuno

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno

I think that's the point: your billing documents are reducing a Sales order. Said Sales Order is represented in FM with value type 83 (forecast of revenue). You can only have either one: a Sales order OR an Earmarked Funds (forecast of revenue, vtype 83). And Sales Orders cannot reduce those EF's.

Therefore, if your "commitment" is already reflected in FM (from the Sales Order), the billing document will then reduce the SO (no way to tell the system: if there is an Earmarked Funds, you must reduce the EF, otherwise, reduce the SO...)

From a functional perspective, this seems to be ok. The document chain for revenues is not the same as expenses (like for instance an MM document chain that could use not only pure MM documents but also Earmarked Funds to ensure money is reserved, that is more strict).

Let me know if you requirement is different

Thanks so much

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Thanks once more for your explanation. However, the point is that we have disabled the integration of SD in our Budgetary Ledger, and therefore the SD documents should not be reduced by the billing document.

As so, the objective is:  the billing documents should reduce the earmarked funds but I don't want the SO to reduce the EF. In fact, I don't want to consider the SO at all .

Thanks so much!

Nuno