cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM error in use case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was trying to configuration HCM system as leading & two different satellite systems as of now we haven't planned with ADS

As per configuration document , I have performed below steps.

1) In HCM system , Copied query later created LDAP connector , LDAP server and attribute mapping

2) In IC , Imported staging area and modified write HCM job & created repository for HCM system.

3) VDS configured.

Initially to test my setting I was passing single personal number through RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM however from HCM side is sucessful but when go & see the job logs ..... i am getting below error.

Regards,

Ali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also need to make sure that the help values you have for salutation match the data from HCM.  Its not uncommon to see HCM providing 'Mr' but the help values requiring 'Mr.' (note the full stop).

Also, I have had occasional issues where the system seems to lose the plot on change type and will give you Modify errors when its trying to add, or add errors when its trying to modify.  It can be resolved by putting a changetype = add in the job template and running it successfully once.

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter/Matt,

I have deactivated some fileds it started transfering data with warning ,as Peter have suggested help value job picks values from TSAD3 & TSADT which contain "Mr" where as IDM contains "Mr."

Do I have to change values standard tables in HCM system or is there any work around.

Secondly , I have modified Write HCM Employee To SAP Master below values in destination tab which is creating userids in the required system.

I just want to know the best particle for synchronization of userids after Write HCM Employee To SAP Master successful.

MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE{A}<PRIV:XXX:ONLY>|<PRIV:SYSTEM:XXX>

Regards,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali

There are 3 options.

1) Change HCM to match the ABAP systems.  It has the advantage of only having to change 1 system.

2) Change the other systems to match HCM.  It has the advantage of not having Employee data changed.

3) Write a script to wrap the data coming in from HCM and add the '.' where appropraite.  It has the disadvantage of the data being mismatched and relying on a script which may get out of date but means less system changes.

If you only want to add the privileges on create, just set a '.' at the start of that line.  If you later change your default privs, you'll need to add them to existing users.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

I've figured this out!  In the Presentation tab on the MX_SALUTATION attribute, make sure that the presentation is set to SingleLine.

The load will then go in without a problem.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

I've seen this before with some attributes.  Try commenting them out until you can get the process to work.

Keep us posted!

Matt