cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining browser-resolution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to get the browser resolution in Web Dynpro ABAP?

Thanks for the answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It's called browser detection, see SAP note 1691128.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1691128

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm talking about the browser's window size in pixels.

I want to develop several applications. Then i decide dependent on the devices' pixels whether taking the application with many UI-Elements(e.g. desktop browser) or less UI-Elements(mobile)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And that you can do without knowing the window/screen size. With the APIs already quoted here you will be able to distinguish between desktop browser and mobile. In the application you can display/hide elements accordingly.

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

I don't believe the resolution of the browser is detectable though other properties, e.g., mobile device, of the browser are detectable by the method mentioned in the above note.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really need the resolution of the browser...

What about navigate to a BSP-Application via Suspend-Resume-Pluging?

Then i could determine the resoution with Java-Script.

Is it possible to export the required parameters in the BSP-Application and how can i read them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please clarify what you mean by "resolution of the browser". Hold on here. Do you mean the screen/window size in pixels?

If that is the case, WDA doesn't work like that. WDA is meant to implement a abstraction layer between the UI design and the device specific UI implementation. In WDA you can specify relative sizes (xxx %) or absolute sizes (xxx px) for all elements, including the layouts.

Can you describe your requirement in more detail. Why do you need to know the screen/window size?