cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while accessing Hana analytical view in ms excel

0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I'm trying to access analytical view in excel with hana mdx driver, I'm able to connect to the analytical view and see all the fields in the excel in pivot table format. When i choose any of the fields and put them in column or row.. I get the following error :

" sql processing error : Error occurred while executing an MDX statement. The error message is: Cube AV_ARSL_JEINTF could not be found. Please check if the cube is valid and exists. The detail error message: SQL: column store error: search table error: [29]  attribute not defined for physical index; internal error: attribute '_SYS_BI:BMC_VARIABLE_ASSIGNMENTen/VARIABLE_NAME' not found in indexInfoMap. "

The cube AV_ARSL_JEINTF is my analytical view in hana, I'm able to connect to this view and it retrieves all the fields as well.. But i get the error when i select a field and put them in a column of pivot table. I can see some query running when i do this and i think it fails and gives me the above error. Kindly help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak, Ralf, Lars,

Indeed, it would be interesting to know the root cause of the problem, as I experience the issue as well.  (on Hana Rev 70 just now).  It seems to be related to SLT loads/replicates and sometimes goes away after redeploying some of the views.

Thanks,

Stefaan.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had no option to see a reproducible example of this issue.

So, sorry - no idea on that one.

- Lars

0 Kudos

Lars - I might have an update on this, as I've had the error a couple of times on Rev 70 now.  It is difficult to trace what is causing it and I am still looking (with colleagues) - might raise an OSS later.  However here is how I described my observation today:

In a Calculation view, after removing a field from the output in  a certain Projection, fed by an AT/AN view, Studio removed the field from the projection completely, instead of leaving it there, unbold (checked the SQL as well).

However as the feeding  AT/AN view does have the field in the output, it causes an inconsistency between the two.

The activation of the CA runs successfully – in fact it is during the activation that the field disappears – it is only at execution of the model either through SQL or BO, an error appears:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [29] attribute not defined for physical index;internal error: attribute 'en/' not found in indexInfoMap

The quick work around is to model in Rev 68 where the error does not apppear.

From the fact that Ralf came with the message just a few days ago, I wonder if he is having issue in Rev 70.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds as if the cube metadata are inconsistent.

Have you tried to re-deploy the analytic view in HANA modeler?

- Lars

0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Yes, I have tried to redeploy the analytic view in HANA modeler, it successfully reploys. I can also do a data preview to see the records.. This view is being consumed in visual intelligence and there it works fine. But when I try to consume this view in excel, the error occurs.

Thanks,

Deepak

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phew.., in that case I'd suspect that maybe the ODBO driver (MDX driver) for MS Excel is buggy.

Did you install the current revision of the driver to the system you run Excel on?

- Lars

0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I currently have the hana mdx driver version 1.5.13.15. Is there any other version than this which i may not have installed?

Thanks,

Deepak

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

I have got the same version of ODBO driver installed.

Can you show us how your analytic view looks like?

My plain vanilla AN doesn't produce any errors...

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

It's been a year, but I am wondering wether and how you got around your problem. Any news on that?

Thx

Ralf