Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have the following requirement:

File adapter 1 should read all files with file name schema *bansta*

File adapter 2 should read all files with file name schema *sta*

Both file adapters should exclude files with schema *.par

That means:

I would need File Adapter 1 with file name mask *bansta* and Exclusion Mask *.par

and File Adapter 2 with file name mask *sta* and Exclusion Mask *.par and *bansta* (because *sta* is included in *bansta* and should be not be read with Adapter 2 but Adapter 1)

How do I have to define Adapter 2 to achieve the above requirement ?

Is there a possibility to define more than one exclusion mask?

The following seems not to work:

Any Idea? We are on PI 7.11

Thanks

Elko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

For now I think there is no way to specify multiple exclusions masks in file adapter.

I finally solved my issue by using a more specific file name schema (*.sta* and *_sta*) that would not include files with schema *bansta*.

Thanks

Elko

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

Can you schedule the First adapter("File adapter 1 should read all files with file name schema *bansta* )  just 5 min before  the the second one(File adapter 2 should read all files with file name schema *sta*)

using ATP. and use Exclusion Mask "*.par"

this way first you read all the file with *bansta*  and  then use file processing mood is archive and then

reaming left ie. *sta* can  be read by second adapter.

REgards

Gagan

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

thanks for your reply.

But I think your approach is not save. What if the *basta* file is created on the ftp share right after file adapter 1 was schedule. Then it will be caught by adapter 2.

by the way, what does "ATP." stand for ?

Elko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

I am not sure but you may try advanced selection and put both exclusion masks in separate rows there.

Please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/556e3899c93677e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

If you want to set an exclusion mask for the File Name specified, or if you want to specify multiple directories with file name masks and exclusion masks, select Advanced Selection for Source File.

Regards,

Beena.

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Beena,

thanks, but this wont work. I already tried.

As far as I understand each defined row in Advanced Selection of Source File will be processed separably meaning for each row all files with name schema in "File name mask" will be read and all files with name schema in "Exclusion mask" will be excluded.

So  I need a way to define more than one exclusion mask in one row.

Elko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

One approach could be to receive both files using one channel and then apply condition on filename to determine the receiver. However this depends on scheduling parameters like polling interval are same for both files.

Regards,

Beena.