SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing on FIFO basis through FP25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While posting incoming payment through FP25 I am not able to clear open items on FIFO basis. I have configured FIFO clearing variant with clearing step 1 where I have defined grouping with "Contract Account" and sorting with " due date".

But while passing entries through FP25 where I am giving Amount , BP number(Selection Category) , Invoice number (Selection Category) system is not clearing the open items on FIFO basis rather than it cleared the actual invoice amount against invoice number.

If I am passing just Amount and BP number (Selection category) it cleared open items on FIFO basis which is not the requirement.

Please provide some valuable solutions to resolve this issue where I can pass Amount , BP Number and Invoice number through FP25 and system should clear open items on FIFO basis irrespective of Invoice number.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kumar:

Your requirement

Please provide some valuable solutions to resolve this issue where I can pass Amount , BP Number and Invoice number through FP25 and system should clear open items on FIFO basis irrespective of Invoice number.

cannot be met as such.  If you pass the invoice number - then clearing control will clear that invoice.  If you want to clear other items, then you cannot pass the invoice number.  Your process is telling the system to clear the document number being provided, and it is doing as expected.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

By Invoice number, which selection category are you referring to? Is it the "Reference Document No."

If yes, then you have to add another grouping characteristic. So your clearing step will first group by contarct account, then by due date and then by Reference Document No.(020).

Hope it helpss..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I meant by "Reference Document No." as a selection category or we can also use "FICA document number".

I have configured "Reference document(020)" as another grouping characteristics but still unable to clear open items on FIFO basis , still clearing document number wise.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to configure the following values for your clearing variant for clearing OIs on FIFO basis.

Grouping String

1. 015-Contract Account

2. 011-Item is due

Sorting String

1.024- Due date with Deferral

Group Rule-

Amount rule-0

Clearing rule-blank.

End of Assignment-3

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kumar:

Your requirement

cannot be met as such.  If you pass the invoice number - then clearing control will clear that invoice.  If you want to clear other items, then you cannot pass the invoice number.  Your process is telling the system to clear the document number being provided, and it is doing as expected.

regards,

bill.