Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACK LOG DATA ENTRIES

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i am doing currently backlog data entries of contracts , orders , delivery notes and commercial invoice from July,12  till current month . Now my point of concern is that when i created order for 10 july,12 but material availability  and schedule is confirming on current date instead of past date i.e 10 july 12. What i am doing z that i am creating order on current date but doing PGI on past date as well as creating commercial invoice on that past date .iz  that right practice  ? or how i can get order created on past date as well.

kindly share your valuable remarks.

thank you 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fahad Imam

For entering back log data you can change dates manually while creating sale order, delivery order and billing document. If you don't have stock in back date then system will never confirm it in back date. So I think you have only option to change posting/document dates manually.

In VA01 please click on header button and change document date in the past as per your requirement.

In VL01N change actual GI date in the past.

Based on this date system will automatically take it as billing date, if not then you can change it in VF01 Header Billing date.

For reporting purpose you can use these 3 dates and your backlog data will be displayed as you have entered in system. I dont think so there is any issue with this but let other comment on this and then you should go for best solution.

Thanks

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM,

Thanks for reply..

Under my current scenario where there is no MRP your solution can works for me . Let me check with testing ...

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fahad

Please this and update with your findings.

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think , what ever you are processing is not good way .First of all , let me know ,which scenario, you are running ?

Thanks,

Naren

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

First of all thanks for your reply.

My requirement is that i am willing to start backlog data entries of sales from July,12 till to-date on PRD.

Sales process is comprises of  Contract.....Sales Order.... Availability Confirmation.....Delivery Order ....Commercial Invoice

PP will upload stock in unrestricted stock then i will transfer that unrestricted stock to particular order by using mov.type 413 @ migo. Now, after that when i come back on order for checking material availability confirmation it confirms on particular date on which doc is creating i.e 14 Jan,13 while order delivery is 14  July,12 .Due to which i am creating order on exact same date on which document   z creating while doing PGI and creating commercial invoice on required date i.e 14 july,12. I personally too think that itz nt good practice but under current scenario how i can avoid it for better ? please guide me

Thank You

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Now coming to your requirement for creating & confirming Sales Order Quantity on past dates.This should ideally be possible, provided you have stock available in the system. Can you once again check whether stock was available in the system on the past date that you are selecting?

In OVZ9 ,check whether Receipts in past check box is left blank or any another is mentioned.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

No MRP for backlog data entries we have . It will be used after backlog data entries.

Thank You