Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

this is sap stranded but i want to know logic behind this plz help me

in vov8 for ex ORDER TYPE OR  in this billing tab order related billing and delivery related billing is there  for both F2 Maintained but my doubt is actually F1 is order related billing and f2 is delivery related billing

what is the difference between and why F2 only maintained for both  

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As TW mentiones F1 is normally used for Order related billing and F2 for delivery related billing. But that is just a guideline.

The critical factor is the Item category which determines if it is a order related billing or Delivery related billing. The billing relevance in the item category drives this. If in the item category you define the item as B (Order releant billing) and if the particular item category is configured in the copy control between OR - > F2 you can bill F2 based on a order.

Based on your requirement you can use both F1 and F2 for order and delivery related billing provided the correct item category is used. Hope this clarifies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear leo plz could you explain a little bit more plz i am not able to understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts plz comment on this

i am very thank ful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To explain. You have a Order X1 and you have an item in X1 which has the item category TAN. In item category TAN (VOV7) billing relevance is A which is delivery related billling. In the copy control between OR - > F2 lets assume you have maintained item category TAN.

When you try to invoice X1 system will throw an error since item category TAN can not be invoiced with a sale order. You will need to create a delivery and Invoice based on the Delivery.

Due to this in standard SAP in the copy control between OR and F2 you will not find any item category for which billing relevance is (Delivery based) as TW mentions.

Just for arguments sake lets assume you modify item category TAN (Which is not a good practice)  and make the billing relevance as B then system would allow you to invoice based on the order. Hope this clarifies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As TW mentiones F1 is normally used for Order related billing and F2 for delivery related billing. But that is just a guideline.

The critical factor is the Item category which determines if it is a order related billing or Delivery related billing. The billing relevance in the item category drives this. If in the item category you define the item as B (Order releant billing) and if the particular item category is configured in the copy control between OR - > F2 you can bill F2 based on a order.

Based on your requirement you can use both F1 and F2 for order and delivery related billing provided the correct item category is used. Hope this clarifies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

F1 is order related billing and most commonuly used in processed like credit , debit memos where there is only exchange of money and no physical materials.

F2 is delivery related billing and communly used in processes like order to stock, retuns etc wherein there is a physical exchange of materials.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Jiten

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh, Jitender,

Why do you say that F1 is order related & F2 is delivery related billing?

In VOFA, there is no difference between the settings of F1 and F2.

From my understand both of you are incorrect, with regards to F1 is order related billing & F2 is delivery related billing.

VTFL (dlv rel billing) has both LF > F1 & LF > F2

VTFA (ord rel billing) has both OR > F1 & OR > F2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

F1 will not be used for credit ot debit memos. CR & DR would be used for credit & debit memo. For service orders, third party scenario's ideally F1 Billing type would be applicable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your understanding is correct that F1 should be order related Billing & F2 should be Delivery related Billing. It is possible that the configuration is changed by oversight.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

but my doubt is actually F1 is order related billing and f2 is delivery related billing

Billing type does NOT play a role to determine whether it is order related or delivery related billing!

This is determined based on the item category, more specifically field "Billing relevance".

In standard, F2 can be used for both order related billing & for delivery related billing.

1. For order related billing, check VTFA, F2 < OR, item category TAD

Here you can not find TAN (item category for delivery related billing)

2. For delivery related billing, check VTFL, F2 < LF, item category TAN

Here you can not find TAD (item category for order related billing)

Side comment: In Sales document type for both order related billing & delivery related billing - F1 billing type can be used too.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1. Put F1 in Order related Billing Field and also Delivery related Billing Field .

2. Put F2 in Order related Billing Field and also Delivery related Billing Field .

3.Put F1 in Order related Billing Field and also put F2 in Delivery related Billing Field .

run three scenarios on above way and find your self .This is good way to learn .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Please see my comments below:

More important than putting billing types in a sales document type (in VOV8) is to identify the item category to be used (i.e. inputted in the sales order)

Explanation: Even if, in VOV8, in OR, order related billing is F1, user is selecting item category TAN, without copy control, there would be an error.

This error does not say that F1 can be used for Sales order > Billing document

(on the contrary this test indicates that order related billing can not be done, with F1 put in sales document type OR, in field Order related billing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren TW

what you have told i tested but in all cases i mean ORDER RELATED AND DELIVERY RELATED F1 AND F2, , F2 AND F1 ,, AND F1 AND F1

BUT for all i have done billing successfully

plz i am requesting you all plz explain with detail what is the difference plz plz

thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear naren and tw and all

i am expecting some thing from you plz let me know