cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data and Transactional Data in APO (2 different InfoCubes)?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a question regarding the Masterdata and the transactional data.

am I right, that the CVCs are the Masterdata of the APO-DP?

To generate the CVCs we do choose the option: "Generate from Infoprovider".

So we have created a special Infocube for the Acutal Data where we get the CVCs. and if we do make a Forecast in APO, the ne Data (like planned sales volume" ist saved in an other infocube which has the same design than the first Infocube. So if we do save our planning data (transactional data), the data of my infocube (where i get my cvcs from) will not be overwritten.

The First Infocube does only contain the CVCs AND the History Data.

Am I right in this?

Thank you a lot!

Holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I am not able to inderstand all of your questions, if you can explain more will be helpfull.

Further, some of your questions i can answer here;

am I right, that the CVCs are the Masterdata of the APO-DP?

-----Yes, CVC are the masterdata for DP.

To generate the CVCs we do choose the option: "Generate from Infoprovider".

-----CVCs are created in MPOS, and where in MPOS you have this option, you are probably talking about RSA1.

So we have created a special Infocube for the Acutal Data where we get the CVCs. and if we do make a Forecast in APO, the ne Data (like planned sales volume" ist saved in an other infocube which has the same design than the first Infocube. So if we do save our planning data (transactional data), the data of my infocube (where i get my cvcs from) will not be overwritten.

This part of your question is not clear to me, can you explain this further.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I guess correctly the last part, you are saying that you have Infocube1 (with historical data) and Infocube2 (ready to receive forecast results from your planning area).

If you send your forecast to Infocube2, you will not affect Infocube1.

Certainly you should clarify if you want a precise anser.

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh and Thank You for your Feedback.

i do create the cvcs with right-click on my PLOB and choosing "CVCs".. Than i try to load the data from an Infocube..

ok.

in addition to my question: When do i get my historical data?.. while loading the CVCs ? (The Infocube does contain also Key Figures).

am i loading the CVCs and the Key Figures at the same time? How can i add historical data to my CVCs?

its not absolutely clear to me.

Thank You!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you James!

am I right in this procedure/construction:

Infocube 1: i do need for my CVCs and the historical data (Generic Datasource)

Infocube 2: (Created by constructing PLOB, Planning Area, Planning Book...) is saving the data from my forecast results and dont effect Infocube 1.

Thanks,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I am correct, when you are talking about your second "Infocube", what you mean is your MPOS (/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN). This is contains an infocube (among other things), but  not a standard BW Infocube, and it is created by the system when you create your MPOS and not through RSA1.

Normal process would be roughly as follows:

1- Infocube1 (sales history) and PA, MPOS, PBs... created. In your PA, you need at least a sales history key figure (to receive sales) and a forecast key figure (to store forecast run results)

2- Create CVCs from Infocube1

3- Bring sales history to PA through /SAPAPO/TSCUBE. This step does not affect Infocube1, but overwrites existing sales history in PA.

4.- A forecast run will save forecast values in Planning Area (in liveCache), not in Infocube1.

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did understand that the system creates an infocube automatically by creating a MPOS, PA... and that the system will save the data (forecast data) in this Infocube (Infocube2) with the help of Planning Area and appropriate Planning Versions..

questions:

1) am i am using the same Infocube for generating the CVCs AND historical data? (InfoCube1?). As you say (James) after generating the CVCs and and creating the Planning Area/Versions i can load the historical data ( /SAPAPO/TSCUBE).

- in my opinion: yes

2) does the Infocube2 has to be build ( in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN) exactly like the Infocube1 is build?

- in my opinion: yes. (and i can find it in RSA1 - Infoprovider..)

Thank You!

Holger

Message was edited by: Holger SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your questions:

1) am i am using the same Infocube for generating the CVCs AND historical data? (InfoCube1?). As you say (James) after generating the CVCs and and creating the Planning Area/Versions i can load the historical data ( /SAPAPO/TSCUBE).

- in my opinion: yes

Yes. Normally you use the same cubes. If not, you may loose history for the cases when you have different cvcs in both cubes.

2) does the Infocube2 has to be build ( in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN) exactly like the Infocube1 is build?

- in my opinion: yes. (and i can find it in RSA1 - Infoprovider..)

Normally, your characteristics in Infocube2(MPOS) will be a subset of the characteristics of Infocube1, else you should find a way to fill in the gaps (ie. through BAdI) when defining your cvcs. But you can have definitely less characteristics in Infocube2. Infocube1 may have more characteristics (for reporting puprposes), and Infocube2 may have less (planning requires less characteristics). As long as all charact. in Infocube2 are in Infocube1, it is fine. So answer is no.

regards,

J.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

in addition to my question: When do i get my historical data?.. while loading the CVCs ? (The Infocube does contain also Key Figures).

You get your historical data in planning area after you load your data from cube to planning area.

am i loading the CVCs and the Key Figures at the same time? How can i add historical data to my CVCs?

Historical data will be extracted from your OLTP system or directly uploaded into cube.

You are loading the values in a KF, from cube to planning book.

A characteristic value combination (CVC) is the combination of characteristic values with which you want to plan. It is sometimes referred to a characteristic combination. Unless you have defined a combination no data can be planned.

KFs are data containers used for storing the data, as per SAP definition of KF;

Key Figure contains data that is represented as a numerical value―either a quantity or a monetary value. Examples of key figures used in Demand Planning are planned demand and ac tual sales history. Examples of key figures used in Supply Network Planning are production receipts and distribution receipts.

So here you are not loading CVCs or Key figures, what you are doing is copying data stored in key figures against characteristics (which you want to plan).

Hope i am making sense here, do let me know if this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Is your query resolved here, or you have further questions on this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (0)