cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Tax Identification Number Determination Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need solution for VAT reg. number problem in billing document.

I had scenario were VAT reg. number to be picked from sold-to party hence i made below configuration.

The VAT reg. number is printed on every invoice made by the entities, based on the customer master data and configuration table (Sales and Distribution => Basic Functions => Taxes => “Maintain Sales Tax Identification Number Determination”). In this table, in the "Tax number" field I maintained as (A) for respective sales origination , according to this the tax number and tax classification are generally copied from the sold-to party.  The tax number is copied according to the 'country of destination relevant for taxes'.

But when i create a billing document for export scenario with different sold-to party in one country and ship-to party in other country ( for both partners VAT values are maintained in customer master ) the VAT reg. number is not populating it remains blank in billing document.But origin of Tax field is showing as sold-to party (C) in billing document.

I need the VAT reg. number to be populated according to sold-to party.

So, Can any one suggest how i can get the sold-to party VAT reg. number to be populated in billing document.

Thank you,

Rangith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rangith,

Please check in the SO the VAT No is coming or not. If it is coming then remove the 'A' from the determination process and maintain same VAT No for SP and PY.

It wil come in the Invoice as well.

Please check and update the forum.

Regards,

Deb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks for reply,

This is the requirement for client, When there is Sold-to party belongs to mother country and ship-to belong to different country then the VAT reg. number should come from sold-to party only not according to destination country.

We are using ECC-5.0, so any one suggest solution to get required vat from sold-to party.

Thank you,

Rangith

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following notes:-

• Note 21734 - Determining sales tax (VAT) from any partner
  • Note 119680 - Country of the sales tax registration number

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I am not sure why do you need Tax Identification Number for export scenario.  You should be aware, tax is exempted for exports and this being the case, I feel, it is alright if system is not fetching this number.

G. Lakshmipathi